Luxor Radio of unknown year and model

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Luxor Radio of unknown year and model

Post by heybrad on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Hello, I have been spending some considerable time trying to identify this particular Luxor Radio that I have and cannot find another picture anywhere online at the moment that looks identical to this one. I have posted 5 pictures of it to the gallery labeled Luxor Radio. I have labeled on the back of it a box with TYP and nothing else which would be the identifying model number from my research. It also says Luxor Radio Aktiebolag Motala Sweden. SER NR (I assume serial number? Not sure though) 409972. Any help indentifying this radio would be greatly appreciated. There is currently (as of yesterday I saw it) an ebay listing for a luxor radio that looks similar to this but isn't quite exactly this one. If it helps, http://cgi.ebay.com/Luxor-Mid-Century-Modern-Danish-Tube-Radio-Tuner-eames-/220616954036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 . This one is wired for 220 volt, not 120 (110). Thank you!
Brad

heybrad

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Luxor Radio of unknown year and model

Post by heybrad on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:04 pm

heybrad

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Look for phillips radios they made alot of radios for other companys. Used their name but made the sets. I found some for other people this way.
denver

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:40 pm

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/deso_luxor_4032.html is this your set if not go to radio museum . org type in luxor in search take you to all luxor sets.
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 pm

http://www.radiomuseum.orgit will say model or #
denver

Back to top Go down

I have a similar model - I presume ...

Post by mulvis on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Hello.
I'm danish. You might excuse my lack or english capabilities as well as the familiarity with the lingo. Rolling Eyes
My first radio looks similar to yours. Except that the top is devided in two, and the speaker rectangular.
At the back it reads:
LUXOR RADIO AKTIEBOLAG
MOTALA SWEDEN
TYP M 209 W (or M209W)
FABR. NO 196612
Hope that can be to any help.
I've got my own problem too: The scale lights up (I suppose it should only happen from the upper far edge), and to the right of the grammophone some kind of at bulb glows dimmly too.
But!
The reciever and the grammophone is dead. Which, in a way is a comfort, as one could suppose that it is the power supply that is the faulty part.
I say 'could suppose' because my poor knowledge leads me to the assumption that the grammo recieves AC and the radio DC.
Can You give me a hint. My expertice is at the level of a danish graduate.
Secondly:
Advise at the back mentions regarding pulling the wall plug fuseS. I can see but one.
So I'd like to know if there are several of them.
At the one I found it reads nothing at all. It is situatet at the back of the powersupply.
One of the tubes goes warm. Shouldent they all. As well as the transformer?
Do you have anything in print? In case I find some, I'll let You know. Would You please send Yours to me?
Best regards Mulvis
poul.mulvis@gmail.com

mulvis

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top