Zenith HI FI Stereophonic Phonograph

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zenith HI FI Stereophonic Phonograph

Post by Drizzolbud on Wed May 12, 2010 4:33 pm

I have this phonograph and speaker cabinet that I acquired from my grandparents. I cannot find a model # on the phonograph itself but the users manual says SFD220. It has 4 speeds, a tube amp, two 12"speakers, one 5" speaker and one 3.5" speaker. The speaker cabinet does have model # SRD20 on the back. It has one 12" speaker, one 5"speaker and one 3.5" speaker. There are a few scratches on the tops of the 2 pieces but nothing major. I have tried looking up info on this but cannot find anything. I do find SDF220M but it does not look like mine. Mine has a lifting or tilting top, not a sliding top. Can anyone give me any information like year of manufacture or what it may honestly be worth. I know it worked when I got it which was over 10 years ago. Thanks for your help.
Drizzolbud

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Zenith HI FI Stereophonic Phonograph

Post by denver on Wed May 12, 2010 8:29 pm

There is a schematic for a 220 @www.nostalgiaair.org Most old set are not worth much just sentimental value . i will keep looking more for you Very Happy
denver

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Wed May 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Your set is a 1959 nine tube . Model sfd220m . Worth as much as you like it . Ihave some nice 1930 ,s Would not sell for anything . Made slow Winter go by . Redid whole sets playing good now. Love it.
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Oh forgot . Made three different models in 59 one with doors like yours others a little different .
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by Drizzolbud on Wed May 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks for your help. I wondered if it was an "M" but the pictures I found didn't look like it. I did put a picture of it as my avatar. It may look like one piece in the picture but the speaker cabinet is on the right. There is also only one door on top of the main cabinet. The speaker cabinet doesn't have any type of door. It has a Cobra-Matic turntable but what I see that may be the regular run of the mill.
Drizzolbud

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 pm

I would keep it . Nice looking set . Looks good just setting around. Nice conversation piece . And if it ever needs working on we can help. Very Happy
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 am

Nice looking set you have there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down