Zenith L566

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zenith L566

Post by foots on Tue May 11, 2010 2:30 pm

I don't have a camera but I did borrow some ebay images to give folks an idea of what I'm working on. I'll be getting a camera soon and will post pictures of my actual project.

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/jdcb750/
foots

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

zenith

Post by denver on Tue May 11, 2010 8:58 pm

You will really enjoy working on theses old set . When i first started i was kind of i dont know .
But kept on asking , looking learned , love it . Now i have three set working . And all kinds bookmarks about radio stuff. Very Happy
denver

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Zenith L566

Post by foots on Wed May 12, 2010 4:46 am

Yeah, I had been wanting a tube radio but it's slim pickins around here. What is here is usually overpriced. I spotted this Zenith in an antique store sitting on the floor. Most stuff there is usually overpriced, especially the radios so I didn't give it a second thought. My dad stooped down to look at it and saw it was only $10. I couldn't beleive it. Even though this isn't very stylish compared to some, I really like it and I'm thankful that I was able to get not just a radio, but a record player to boot. I couldn't be happier. Well, actually I'll be happier when I can get to work on it.
foots

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Wed May 12, 2010 8:05 am

Iam Starting a recap on a philco phono set . Mine plays great has that hum . Need to find some old 78,s to play.
Hardest thing to find was the needle . but i found one.
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by foots on Sat May 15, 2010 12:21 am

Update on the L566. I got the phonograph out without much trouble and the chassis wasn't much harder to get out. Looking at it from underneath, it looks like this will be fairly easy once I get my new caps. I also have to get a string for the tuning knob.
foots

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Mon May 17, 2010 10:58 pm

http://www.theoldradiofixerupperguy.com/dial%20cord.html here a site for diagrams to restring dials.
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top