Name these parts

Go down

Name these parts

Post by komet302 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Hi Guys
I have a couple of pieces in my radio that I cannot find any info about what they are anywhere. Keep in mind, Tube radios are a new thing to me:) The 1st part measures 3/4" tall x 1"wide x 1/16"thick ceramic rectangle with 7 leads coming from it. The 2nd part looks like a 3/8 dia.x 1-1/4 long waxed cardboard tube with a resister across 2 of 5 leads and a coil of very thin wire about half way down the tube. Sorry no pics, I have no idea why I can't upload my pics from the menu above.

komet302

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Name these parts

Post by denver on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

1st sounds like a cap other sounds like a wire wound resistor. Iam new to youll get more info from other members. go to nostalgia air.com look for your radio
most of time can get schmatic with chassi pics showing parts list. all for free. they have a printable or look at one.
Denver
denver

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rojoknox on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Greetings from FixitLand!

The first part (ceramic rectangle with seven leads) sounds like a couplate -- a sort of "integrated circuit" that combines (usually) resistors and capacitors. The content of a couplate is not always known or shown on a schematic, which can be frustrating. In a radio, you tend to find them in the audio amplifier or second detector stages. There, they'll contain bypass caps, plate and grid resistors. We'll need to know the make and model of your radio for more detailed info.

The second part could be an antenna coil, oscillator coil or an RF coupling coil. I hope you can work out how to post pictures; they'd help.

Take care,
--
J. E. Knox 'The Victor Freak'

rojoknox

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-18

Back to top Go down

How insert pictures and Bad static

Post by komet302 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi Guy

First can someone give me a hand posting pictures, I don't understand how to host an image. Second Thankyou guys for all the help you have been giving me, my radio picks up stations now. I replaced the electrolictic cap and installed new tubes but it has bad static that increases/decreases with the volume control. I haven't replaced the other inline mica caps, was hopeing to test them first before I got too involved and find it doesn't fix the problem. Giveing me your best guess is there a good chance the static will clear up if I do go ahead and put my new ones in or is it a different problem?

Thanks
Mike

komet302

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by denver on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:13 pm

FIRST YOU HAVE TO HAVE A FOLDER OR A SITE LIKE PHOTO BUCKET OR FLICKER . WHAN YOU WANT TO POST THEM YOU HAVE ICONS ABOVE POST PAGE . HIT THE LINK FOR POSTING PICS WITH WEB SITE WHERE THEIR AT . IF YOU USE ONE OF THESES SITES EASY TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS their free .
denver

Back to top Go down

post pics

Post by denver on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:28 pm

There is a topic that will help you in forum issues &administration .
denver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down