It`s a Westinghouse!

Go down

It`s a Westinghouse!

Post by Raymanretro on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:17 pm

Long story, I was feeling sick one day and left work before noon. When I got home I got some coffee and walked out in the backyard and noticed a trackhoe at a couple of old houses behind us that was to be demolished. I had wanted to look inside them and knew they must be getting ready for the trackhoe to be sitting there, so I walked over for a look. Most of the woodwork had been striped from the first house but I did get a set of tile for a fireplace after getting permission from the owner. The second house, A bungalow had more woodwork and I got quite a load and a few windows, then ventured upstairs and found this nice looking Westy TV, sitting on an original linolium rug. talk about stepping back in time, this place hadn`t been touched. I had a time getting it home ( I really was sick) But i am really glad I saved it. Its very complete and I looked up the modle and think it said 1953 but dont hold me to that. The gasket around the tube is out of place but not damaged and I can`t wait until I have enough time to look into checking it out.[img][/img]
Raymanretro

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: It`s a Westinghouse!

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:38 am

Nice looking set. I wish I had the similar table model set my aunt had.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4594
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Mom and Dad's first tv was similar to that one. Dad worked for Westinghouse and he got an employee discount.It was replaced in the early 1960's with an other Westy.

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down