Halton model 64-1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halton model 64-1

Post by regent on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Looking for a schematic diagram for a Halton model 64-1 radio. All the electrolytic and paper capacitors were replaced, but the sound in garbled. None of the mica ones were replaced. The speaker was torn, but was tested on another radio and it played ok. When I received it the audio output tube was broken and had no markings. Based on what little I could read from the label on the case, I replaced it with a 50L6. All the other tubes are readable (35Z5, 12SQ7, 12SK7, 12SA7). All the tubes have been tested. I am sure of the model number because it was still readable. Someone in the past had replaced some resistors using series and parallel replacements. Was Halton manufactured by “THE HAROLD LIFTON COMPANY”?
Picture at:
http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/regent_album/halton/?action=view&current=halton64-1radio.jpg" target="_blank

Last edited by regent on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add picture link)

regent

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Halton model 64-1

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Have you tried Nostalgia Air?
Sounds as if someone really messed this one up. Sounds like you have the correct tube in it.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4616
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by sprman on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:16 pm

First thing check all tube voltages.Use tube date to be sure they are at right voltages.Check resistors in the audio section for changed values,or for opens,shorts.Replace caps in PS.Sprman : )

sprman

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top