Anyone want to see a teaser PDF from Antique radio classifieds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone want to see a teaser PDF from Antique radio classifieds?

Post by Resistance is Futile on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Lotsa good pictures of old radios.
This isn't a classified ad, just an info suggestion for reading Radio happenings, in other clubs.
Click Here
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone want to see a teaser PDF from Antique radio classifieds?

Post by Eliot Ness on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:15 pm

That cover with the 1938 Philco slogan: "No Squat, No Stoop, No Squint", reminded me of something a late collector buddy once said. He had a small radio store in that time frame that did not carry Philco so he said they added "No Sale" to the end of the slogan when they heard it.

John
Eliot Ness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:18 am

I'm surprised ARC is still in business with the advent of the internet and eBay. I subscribed to the magazine back in the early 90s, and I met its editor at a big radio show they had in North Little Rock about that time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Jon Kummer the new owner of Antique Radio Classified (ARC) recently gave a short presentation at the NJ Antique Radio Club about his intentions going forward with ARC. I caught up with Jon at the recent RADIO XLII Antique Radio Show at the Westford (MA) Regency.

Jon, is very optimistic about the future of ARC as it takes advantage of on-line access to this publication. I think he's anticipating a great opportunity as more of us begin to use Apple's iTouch, the Android Archos 32, and new competitors entering this mobile book capable market. I download the current and (extensive library of) previous issues of ARC in .pdf format and browse these documents electronically. Cool, beautiful color photos of radios, phonos and other items of interest.

My guess is Jon will change the business model to be more appealing to the global market, on-line access and new advertising revenue streams. There are far greater efficiencies such as on-line subscriptions and renewals, submit articles and ads electronically and of course distribution on-line. I hope Jon makes this new zine fly!

Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by antiqueradiobuff on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Hugh ?? I thought he was retireing when I spoke with him at our club meet he said derictly to me he was going to retire . now I am I am really confused
Shocked
antiqueradiobuff

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Thats why our breed collect radios, we're always in a state of confusion, Radios and earphones, and speakers OH MY! What a Face
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 989

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliot Ness on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:54 pm

antiqueradiobuff wrote:Hugh ?? I thought he was retireing when I spoke with him at our club meet he said derictly to me he was going to retire . now I am I am really confused
Shocked
That was the previous owner, John Terry, who recently sold ARC to Jon Kummer.

John
Eliot Ness

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top