Not A New Member.......But A Returning Member

Go down

Not A New Member.......But A Returning Member Empty Not A New Member.......But A Returning Member

Post by CrystalRadioMan on Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello........I haven't checked in for many months but decided to stop by today. I hope all of you are well! Laughing

Just wondering......do any of you enjoy playing with crystal radios? We just finished one which has a coil made with silver plated copper wire, we have great selectivity and pulled in 16 stations!
CrystalRadioMan
CrystalRadioMan

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2017-02-08

Back to top Go down

Not A New Member.......But A Returning Member Empty Re: Not A New Member.......But A Returning Member

Post by Polaraligned on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Man, I have not played with a crystal radio since I was about 10 in the 70's. I think it was a Radio Shack crystal radio kit. Lot of fun.

Polaraligned

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Not A New Member.......But A Returning Member Empty Re: Not A New Member.......But A Returning Member

Post by Chas on Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:52 pm

I have a few xtal sets in the collection. None have tempted me until I had gotten two home built sets from Bob Ryan of Ca. probably in the early 80's. He built a counterpoise xtal set that uses a short rod antenna and ground, has a "self" storing headphone too.

Then he built a "Telefunken" design xtal set. The Tele was an exceptional player having volume enough to drive a vintage horn speaker. I would leave it connected to the indoor antenna all the time in the bedroom. Occasionally I would get awakened when an electrical storm would come through static crashes filling the room...

Chas
Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum