introduction of new members

Go down

introduction of new members

Post by bergieb on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi. A member of a local antique radio club suggested this as one of the forums he routinely scanned and posted on, so I am giving it a try. I am a career Navy electronic technician who has now retired from a second career. My wife has suggested it is now time to start working on the dozens of radios that I have hauled around for decades. I think she's right, as usual.

bergieb

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: introduction of new members

Post by Tony V on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Welcome to TRF! Let us know if you need any help.
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Navy Technical Schools

Post by WPE9IJF on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm

bergieb wrote:Hi.  A member of a local antique radio club suggested this as one of the forums he routinely scanned and posted on, so I am giving it a try.  I am a career Navy electronic technician who has now retired from a second career.  My wife has suggested it is now time to start working on the dozens of radios that I have hauled around for decades.  I think she's right, as usual.

Our wives are always right, right?   Smile

Where did you attend Navy Technical Schools?  I went to avionics A school in Millington, then Whidbey Island for several C schools.  

I was not a career military guy (USMC), only in for a single "hitch."  Some of my best friends were Navy.  Later, when I was out, I went to State Technical Institute at Memphis.  A number of Navy instructors also attended under an "ADCOP" program.  

IMHO, the Navy (and Marines) had some of the finest instructors I've ever known.

Welcome to this Forum!

WPE9IJF

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2018-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bergieb on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks for asking about the schooling. I was a surface Navy ET, although I did do a tour on a submarine rescue (ASR-Cool out of Pearl Harbor. I did ETA school at Treasure Island (San Francisco) and numerous "c" schools throughout the U.S. I am hoping that my miniature/microminiature component repair training at Norfolk, VA and Charleston, SC will be very useful in repairing these projects. Again, thanks for commenting.

bergieb

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down