Missin' Radio Shack

Go down

Missin' Radio Shack

Post by terrydec on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Does anybody want 19 red LEDS? I had to buy 20 to get the one I wanted.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1121
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Missin' Radio Shack

Post by terrydec on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:54 pm

OUCH! These LEDs are projection, like in a pointer. I made the mistake of looking at it. Safety hint: NEVER look straight into a projection LED. Fix: I had to put a piece of black tape over the end.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:49 pm

This isn't going to work.  I've had to order a pack of 25 diffused on Amazon.  25 for $4.25.  That's 25 for about the same price I'd pay for one at Radio Shack.  What's wrong with this picture?
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Missin' Radio Shack, not me...

My experience with Radio-Shack is nothing but a long series of disappointments from shoddy components. Power diodes that short in use. Phone jacks with poor connections to the threaded bushing, half-dead batteries, hard drive power cable with 5 & 12 volts reversed. Coax cable and TV twin-lead with opens. Each one of these required a return trip, wasted time and money, delayed critical projects.

Fortunately, my need for electronic supplies in an R & D environment has gone away, then again so has Radio-Shack:)

Oh I did plan, all my components came from Digi-Key, Mouser, Newark, Allied and a few lesser others. Because an engineer will not plan ahead, Radio-Shack was a "fall-back". Then I got authorization for overnight shipments from the top three Smile

Now I have a bushel basket of carded components. I think I will flog them, someone might want to build a mock Radio-Shack store to re-live the "glory".

Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 pm

That's weird that you had so much trouble.  My experience was the opposite of that.  I knew the guys and they sent a lot of repair and installation business my way.  And it is almost impossible to get a decent project box anywhere.
I'm really sorry to see them go.  I miss 'em.

I've been thinking that some smart entrepreneur should get their left over stock and sell online.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down