ARF Help

Go down

ARF Help

Post by jthorusen on Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Greetings to the Forum:

I wonder if anyone here who is also a member of the Antique Radio Forum could pass on a message to an administrator (Alan Voorhees?) for me.   Any ideas on how to proceed are also welcome.

I have been having trouble (as have other people on ARF) with not receiving E-mail notifications lately.   Peter (PbPix) stated that he changed his E-mail address to another account and everything seemed to be working.  

I thought I'd follow suit and see if I could recover E-mail communication.   I therefore changed my E-mail address to a second one linked through my web site hosting service (QTH.com).   However, the ARF software deactivates the account after such a change and requires an E-mail reply confirmation in order to re-activate.  

Of course (as luck would have it) the original E-mail problem is still present and I cannot receive the confirmation E-mail from ARF.   So, due to this E-mail issue, I have effectively suicided out of ARF.  

If anyone has a work-around for this or could contact an ARF administrator and see if they can do something, I would be much obliged.

Otherwise, I guess I will be spending more time hanging out here!  Laughing

Thanks,
jthorusen

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: ARF Help

Post by jthorusen on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Greetings, All!  

Thanks to whoever helped... the activation E-mail finally came through.   Problem solved.

Thanks,
jthorusen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:16 pm

You would still be welcomed to spend time here.. We are a friendly bunch of guys here.
Welcome to TRF.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jthorusen on Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Greetings to Bill and the Forum:

Yes, you are correct.   I need to spend more time here.

Thanks,
jthorusen

Back to top Go down

Post by jukeboxman on Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:35 am

Glad you got the problem solved -we welcome your input and questions

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:41 pm

I was bullied off of ARF, and found satisfaction here. Thanks to all the administrators and members.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1091
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jukeboxman on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:46 am

terrydec wrote:I was bullied off of ARF, and found satisfaction here.  Thanks to all the administrators and members.
Terry --they tried to bully me but i kicked back - afew of them tried but gave up --i wont take it from them

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:50 am

It's amazing how much we are affected by postings on social media. It's because it offers a kind of invisibility, and it is impossible to detect inflection.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Most of the boards have a Friend/Foe tool. I make use of it often. None the less I avoid discussion about personal feelings and keep my responses to radio and other electromechanical topics.

The tool does not have a text box where I can attach the reason why I made that decision, good in a way, often I will comeback and answer a post from that user and have discovered all is well, then cancel the Foe...

Everyone goes through a period of rocky times. Often this will effect what we say in a post. We are all looking for respect in our opinions.

There are trigger topics, radio boards are no place for politics no matter how distantly the post may seem to be and that goes for religion too. There are boards for such posts...

Physical problems can be a "Hot-button" as well as the associated Health insurances.

I think I got hosed for a co-pay at the eye Quack, then again I may have authorized the procedure and forgot the cost is outside of Medicare. I paid it but I notified Medicare Twisted Evil

Today went to Beltone, got a free hearing examine, the Quack wanted me to admit I should were a hearing aid even though I got tested.

I got marginal hearing loss, but no aid needed...

Quack would not give me a printout of the audio spectrum...

I'm thinking I might pickup a couple of Amazon China special hearing aids for $35, just to see if it works for me. I'll be able to hear the sparrows fart in the morning Laughing

YMMV

Chas

Chas

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:15 am

I saw one on TV that was basically a box, high gain amp and an earbud. You wear it in your pocket. Sounds like an old Popular Electronics project. Only two payments of $29.95. I could build it for ten bucks.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum