Very Quiet!

Go down

Very Quiet!

Post by CrystalRadioMan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:19 am

I haven't been on for awhile and decided to try again.  Why is this site so quiet?  Crying or Very sad
CrystalRadioMan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-02-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Very Quiet!

Post by Chas on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Dunno,

I set-up a a "top site" icon in "new tabs" so I come here at least once a day.

I used the address for "New Posts" so it is one click to navigate.

Funny, when Firefox changed to populating the "new Tab" I was reluctant to use it. Then it "automagically" dropped a url in that was frequent for me. Hey that's handy!

I have been busy with house stuff, that has taken me away from radio for many months. All I have been doing is contributing help online when I can. This and other radio forums. I have some outdoor projects but the heat since last week has been awful, can't spend more than 10 minutes and I'm dripping. Never liked the heat since a boy, now 71 kinda dangerous. Was up in the attic two nights ago replacing an attic fan thermostat, an essential to help air conditioning. It was 88 in the attic at 10:00pm and as much humidity too, but job done...

Stay cool,

Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:08 am

At least part of the problem is members lack of interest in posting. This is disheatenning to the Administrators, and, others. Please start posting again.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by specops56 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:19 am

I'll be posting more soon. Been busy with other projects and had to put the radios on the shelf for a while.

Terry
specops56

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:41 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks. I'm anxious to see what you have..........

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:16 pm

I haven't been here much lately for two reasons. The main reason is I am so busy these days. My mother in law passed away a couple of years ago so we had to deal with the estate for almost two years. The result of that was we got about 3 acres, a barn full of stuff and her dads Allis Chalmers C tractor. So since about March maybe I have been trying to get it to run and got it going just before the 4th. I have also spent a lot of time fixing up our place,fencing the new property and cleaning out the barn on the property.

The other reason is most of the time during the warm months I spend it fixing things around the house and doing outside stuff that needs to be done. Between driving to and from work, work itself and doing things around the house/place I am working between 70 to 90 hours a week. I hope to make a grape arbor, put lattice up on our front porch, make a rabbit hutch,make a chicken hutch all my August so I can start in on cleaning the barn out again. So far I have cleaned out around 150 bags of garbage I took to the dumpster after buying the land, mainly from the barn. I hope to have a yard sale to get rid of some of the stuff in the barn towards the end of August. Then I hope to be able to recoat the tin roofs on the barn and my outside workshop in the fall. After that I can then work on radios again. It makes me tired just thinking about it. But I do drop in from time to time.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1419
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

my project

Post by jukeboxman on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm

1957 Seeburg restoration--This is a large part of the reason I have not posted often -lots of work/fun.

Last edited by jukeboxman on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:22 pm

I'm here.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1115