Any Home Brew Ideas For 1980? Color TV Modules?

Go down

Any Home Brew Ideas For 1980? Color TV Modules?

Post by harold wright on Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 pm

About 9 yrs. ago a local TV shop closed due to illness. I knew the owner and he gave me about 20 circuit boards/modules rather than sending to landfill. I stored them--no market for such items in todays world.
If I was younger I might experiment/make projects from some. I seem to recall that the "sound" IF ckt. was 4.5 mhz. Maybe it could be tuned down to 3.5 to 4.0 MHz for ham experimenting. Any interested home brewers
out there? I am 82 and I know what my kids will do with them when I expire--landfill.
This is my 1st post here and hope the Title and Description headings are not too confusing.

Harold

harold wright

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Home Brew Ideas For 1980? Color TV Modules?

Post by Chas on Thu May 10, 2018 6:01 pm

I had a bunch of Zenith modules some 20 YA. Nobody wanted them, after several weeks on ebay I posted them free for shipping... He, he, I thought I had hit a bonanza when I first got them, BTW this was when analog TV was still king!

There are some salvageable parts like peaking coils, ceramic caps and resistors, but hardly worth the effort with the cost of new parts still so cheap.

At 82 I would not agonize over them. More important stuff to take care of on a day to day basis.

I'm 71 and looking to down size too, attic and garage full of mega duplicate stuff. Thankfully no modules.

You could drop a free ad in Craig's list and offer them for free. If they go locally, no packing and shipping hassles...

You may be able to off load other gear for small money, never know. Be sure some one is home with you so you are not dealing with a more than one person at the door. Literally, helping themselves... The bums often use distractions...

GL

Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down