Happy Birthday Chas!

Go down

Happy Birthday Chas!

Post by Tony V on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:43 am

I just wanted to wish one of our valuable members "Chas" a Happy 71st Birthday! Your help to the other members here on TRF has been outstanding and well appreciated. Here's to many more from your friends on TRF!
Tony V

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Birthday Chas!

Post by jukeboxman on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 am

Happy Birthday , CHAS
Thank you for all the knowledge you have shared with us all.

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Thank You! Gary & Tony!

I was thinking this morning, my age, reversed to 17, chasing the girls, oh. yes. Chasing the radios yes indeed!!!

I took my first estate clean-out home when I was 16, just weeks after getting my drivers license. Well over twenty, 20's era battery sets, "B" eliminators, battery tubes, Radio-News magazines, handbooks, headphones and other bits...

What was so grand was, I was somewhat familiar with the radios. I did not realize they were so old, I immediately recognized the hand craftsmanship and vowed not to destructively tinker with them...

I have to this day all but two of them, Those two were so badly ruined, being near an open window for some 10 years I traded them away. They were not much to look at, a Federal D10 and an E10, the cabinets a disaster. My collection grew slowly over the years with occasional spurts for more estates.

I have been married twice, divorced once, two beautiful girls from my first marriage, now, two more beautiful grandchildren the oldest in the University of Minnesota Smile

With all honesty, it is the radios that initiated my career in electromechanics. My working career has successfully ended, achieving 15 U.S. patents. I look forward to "cleaning" and re-organizing my collection. Gradually thinning down and letting go of those items that were gathered with little thought of there relevance to both radio history and a role in display overall.

I will try, dearly, to keep the original sets from the first estate of which I have named the "Haney" collection, in honor the man who so gathered the radios as trade-ins from my Uncles Radio Shop in Fairhaven, Ma, "Days Electric".

So many radios, so little time...

Chas

Chas

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down