Technics SA-404

Go down

Technics SA-404

Post by tuberadiogeek on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:58 pm

I just recently got a Technics SA-404 for 10.00. It needs the knobs and selector switch cleaned but it's doing alright for now. I think it sat for a long time unused at one time. This thing is awesome, I have some Knight speakers hooked up to it that have Jensen 15" Woofers and a very large horn tweeters in them and a set of Pyramid Phase 3 speakers, they're just a small set but sound good. I have the receiver paired with a Teac EQA-220 10 band equalizer. This is probably one of the best set up's I've had in a long time. I've been using my computer for music and I can't turn it's volume past 50% and the receiver past 1 without it getting insanely loud. I do occasionally play with the loudness and boost switches if I want a bit more thump without touching the volume and keep my tone controls at zero. Link to photo of receiver and EQ: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12OY5fmtlx831cdJEXAa0jj8I-shDalXx/view?usp=drivesdk
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Technics SA-404

Post by QualityGuy on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:57 am

Technics made some very good receivers. Great find!

QualityGuy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Nice find and you cant beat the price!
Tony V

Number of posts : 649
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by analogdino on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Many of these older receivers are very good performers, e.g. Sansui, Sony, Technics, etc. They can be picked up at low cost and most work well with minor TLC, e.g. clean pots and switches and replace lamps.
Cheers,
Roger

analogdino

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down