GE C-430A AM Clock Radio Acquired today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GE C-430A AM Clock Radio Acquired today

Post by CaptainClock on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello everyone, today I "sold" a 1957 GE 9T002 TV that was given to me and I had gotten it partially restored, anyways in return I got a 1959 GE C-430A AM Clock Radio that needs some work done to it, including replacing the power supply filter caps, the only problem is that its a 2 section cardboard tube capacitor made by DuMont (yes the same company that made the famous DuMont televisions) that has the capacitance and voltage ratings written on the cap, but doesn't have the polarity written on the cap so I have no idea which leads are the positive leads and which one is the common negative lead. Any ideas on how to figure this out?

CaptainClock

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2017-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GE C-430A AM Clock Radio Acquired today

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:15 am

Look for colors on leads. If not that, Look at the rectifier cathode. that should be the first Positive lead. There would be a resistor between that positive connection. Etc.. Those would be all 150 working volts. If there is a connection going to cathode of audio output, that would be a cathode electrolytic. The other end of that resistor would be going to B-. The negative end of electrolytic would also go to B-. Hope this helps....
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4530
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top