Need to replace all capacitors and resistors in my spare Grunow 11g chassis.

Go down

Need to replace all capacitors and resistors in my spare Grunow 11g chassis.

Post by herromc on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:55 am

I have an empty chassis and I want to restore it with new capacitors and resistors, but when it comes to this I'm a novice, and I have a couple questions. First of all, there are 6 cylindrical looking resistors under the chassis about 1-1/2 to 2 inches in length. Are these a special kind of resistor, or can I use the Metal Oxide or Metal film resistors?  Secondly, I need to replace the mica capacitors (as there are none) and one of them is a dual, 250/100mmf.  Can I find a dual, and where is a good place to buy all the mica's? Thanking you in advance for your help.

Mike

herromc

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Need to replace all capacitors and resistors in my spare Grunow 11g chassis.

Post by Chas on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:58 pm

You can use metalized to replace carbon. If the OEM resistors are wire wound, only wire-wound should replace the same.

Square or rectangular mica caps are no longer being made. Silver-mica caps are made in standard values, they are epoxy dipped.

Any reputable vendor: Newark, Mouser, Allied and the boutique parts suppliers like Just radio, and others. All will have the mica caps...
Chas

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum