What are you doing for the long weekend?

Go down

What are you doing for the long weekend? Empty What are you doing for the long weekend?

Post by Timaaay! on Sat May 23, 2009 11:56 am

Both of my daughters and their boyfriends are here for the weekend. Tomorrow (Sunday) I'll have an additional 12-15 people for a BBQ. Monday will be seeing the girl's off and plenty of cleaning (as if we didn't clean the whole house before this) to do.
It's nice to have company and nice when they go. Very Happy
I haven't even opened the pool yet this year, if it were up to me, I'd just take it apart and be done with it. My wife and I may use it once or twice ourselves. My son uses it a few times too. A lot of work and expense for a handful of uses. I'd rather spend that time working on radios. Very Happy
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

What are you doing for the long weekend? Empty Re: What are you doing for the long weekend?

Post by Uffda on Sun May 24, 2009 12:29 am

I'm working on getting my house ready to finally move completely in. My wonderful cousin is giving me a housewarming gift of her handyman for a day on Monday. Beer and eats for all who show up. And as always I will remember my friend Kenny Measell who was on the same orders as me for RVN. He was KIA pulling comrades out of an ambush kill zone before I could look him up in-country.

I'm waiting for my mechanic to get the brakes working on my old truck so I can move all the big stuff. It's been three months off with my busted shoulder and I go back to work Tuesday. I've learned that I am ready for retirement.

Uffda

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

What are you doing for the long weekend? Empty Re: What are you doing for the long weekend?

Post by bowfin on Mon May 25, 2009 10:47 am

YARD WORK! Hedges and more hedges. Twisted Evil

david

bowfin

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 25, 2009 11:24 pm

Battled, and, lost the war with a W C record player. Anyone got a good 4"X6" PM speaker they can spare?
Plugged in a record player, with my variac, that is, Travler by name I had rebuilt the amp in 6 years ago. Didn't work, and, made a bad odor. Back to the drawing board....
Installed IE 8 last night. Un installed Firefox. IE kept having troubles. I removed it tonight, and, went back to the old IE 6. Now it's working great.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Wed May 27, 2009 3:33 am

Well, I spent Sunday Morning fishing...and being a thorn in the side of the National Wildlife Service.

Story goes...they closed the road to our regular fishing spot to do some upgrading. They haven't started any work in the 2 weeks that it has been closed so we three decided to just move the 'Road Closed' sign and mosey on in.

Well, coming out of there we encountered the 'heat'. It was the local warden who we all know but his boss was down from the states for the weekend and riding with him. We three old fishing farts got a shakedown from the boss as if we were common dirtbag criminals hiding cocaine or turtle meat.

Well, long story short, they let us off the hook but not without some badge shining and we're still rolling on the floor laughing two days later. Guess we'll have to fish elsewhere next Sunday Morning.

What are you doing for the long weekend? Wanted750
exray
exray

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Timaaay! on Wed May 27, 2009 10:12 pm

LOL. That's GREAT!
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Back to top Go down

Post by VANT on Thu May 28, 2009 2:55 pm

XRAY, ARE YOU SURE THE GUY ON THE LEFT IS NOT RELATED TO HEMINGWAY? AS A MATTER OF FACT I THINK I NOW KNOW WHERE HE WAS INSPIRED TO WRITE "THE OLD MEN AND THE SEA".
WELL BEING IN LAW ENFORCEMENT MYSELF I THINK IF I SAW YOU GUYS HEADING UP SOME DIRT ROAD SOMEWHERE I THINK I WOULD HAVE JUST TURNED AROUND AND LEFT... SOMETIMES IT'S JUST NOT WORTH THE PAPERWORK.
----VANT
VANT
VANT

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by terry h on Thu May 28, 2009 4:00 pm

That is a rough looking bunch. I think they are part of a National organization. I hear reports of their kind in nearly every state. We have cells here too. They often prowl in groups of three. In the fall, some carry high powered rifles and shotguns!!! Shocked

terry h

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Thu May 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Hey Vant, long time no see.
Yeah, I think the visiting 'boss' was convinced they had stumbled on some dangerous poachers. The ultimate embarrassment was showing him what we caught Sad

You oughta get a job with the NWS. When they're not busy on 'titty patrol' there's always some DANGER to keep the adrenalin up. Good thing they didn't see this high-powered fish catching device.

What are you doing for the long weekend? Mousetrap
exray
exray

Back to top Go down

Post by bobwilson1977 on Fri May 29, 2009 1:24 pm

We spent the weekend lawn mower racing, which is my other hobby. I flipped my mower but luckily I didn't get hurt.

bobwilson1977

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Timaaay! on Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 pm

That's really cool Bob. I used to do some 1/4 mile stuff in my younger days, with cars of course.
Are the mowers modified? How fast can they go? I'd really like to see some pics and hear more about this. That sounds like A LOT of fun!
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Back to top Go down

Post by terry h on Sat May 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi, I'm into lawnmower blade bending and stump finding.
Closely related to blade smacking with big hammer. Smile

terry h

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by kb4yrc on Sun May 31, 2009 10:14 am

We have a large field out back you can race in all day long, provided you leave the blades ON ! ... I had a moter home parked back there, but now cain't find it ! ..... Gregg

kb4yrc

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:37 am

hey VANT, send me your new email address. I want to tell you how this fake wanted poster thing is unfolding. Or maybe you've seen it 'on the wire' already Smile

Bill at radioexray@gmail.com
exray
exray

Back to top Go down

Post by bobwilson1977 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Yup- mower racing is actually a real sport. But the "mowers" are barely mowers when we get done with them. Most of the stock stuff is replaced. We modify the frame, build a rear live axle with go-cart disc brakes, a new front end with a steering system, go cart tires, and a modified engine with billet aluminum pistons, flywheel, and rods. The blades and deck is removed and a "simulated" deck is built for the foot rests.

Top speed is typically 30-40MPH. Record holder is close to 90MPH on the Bonneville flats. I race with a group every 2 weeks. Its lots of fun but it makes you sore!

bobwilson1977

Back to top Go down

Post by bobwilson1977 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Oh ya- we wear full safety gear. Helmet, boots, gloves etc etc.

Here's a picture of my racer.

What are you doing for the long weekend? 3_4_ne10

bobwilson1977

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down