Need help with my Grunow 1191

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with my Grunow 1191

Post by herromc on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 pm

I needed to replace the drive belt and the dial face, and in order to do that I needed to remove the two hands.  Hence my problem.  I can't get the hand, which only covers half the face, back on.  The hand, that goes across the entire face, is no problem.  It's held in place with the center screw.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Also, does anyone know if the original drive belt was basically a large o-ring?

herromc

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Need help with my Grunow 1191

Post by CaptainClock on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:00 pm

Well the "hands" as you call them (which are actually your tuner dial pointers) should actually go on like the hands on a clock mechanical clock. Also the pointer that only goes part of the way across the dial, is your actual tuner pointer and the pointer that goes all the way across the dial is called a split second pointer which is a tuner dial log (like on modern radios that go from 0-100) which is used to keep track of where shortwave stations are on the tuner dial for easy searching and fine tuning of a station later on when needed.
The tuner pointer should just friction fit on like a clock's hour hand, and the split second hand should be held on with a screw like a clock's minute hand.
Hope this helps.

Levi

CaptainClock

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2017-07-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top