Labels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Labels

Post by jsweinrich on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Just wondering how you guys handle labels? What I have been doing is I would create the label in MS Powerpoint and print directly to paper of choice. Here is a label I created for the GE F-96 I'm working on. It is in .jpg format so the resolution stinks, seems that the picture sharing S/W I'm using only supports limited formats but the quality directly printed from MS PP is excellent. Doesn't have the inspection mark and the tube location layout is not perfect...

From this guy:

jsweinrich

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2017-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Labels

Post by Chas on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 pm

If the doner label is scanned at 300 dpi in B & W saved as 2-bit bit BMP the scrambling that JPG does can be avoided. There are other formats that will work too.

When printed, tiny squares cannot be resolved by naked eye...

Cleanup of the label will be easier as there will be just black squares to deal with in the imaging software.
Old Canon Lide Scanner is a workhorse for this application. I got one used years ago, powered by the USB and I can take it portable with the Dell laptop.

We have no fear of device drivers...

Use Ubuntu MATE Linux for all applications. Apps: Gimp, Xsane, LibreOffice...

YMMV

Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jsweinrich on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Chas, my comment about image quality was related to posting on this board. If I were to share this label or others I would send as a PP slide (the best quality) or another format that the user would want. I posted this with IMGUR. I was using DropBox but they started charging and cut my million links I had. PhotoBucket is going the way of DropBox so I'm trying IMGUR. BTW, saving from PP to Windows Enhanced Metafile works great but IMGUR doesn't like that format. That's what I liked about DropBox, It didn't care about what format the file was...

jsweinrich

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2017-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top