Philmore ac-dc 5 tube radio kit model 205A

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Philmore ac-dc 5 tube radio kit model 205A

Post by suds on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:45 am

Hi

I recently purchased a Philmore ac-dc 5 tube radio kit model 205A at an estate sale. I have been collecting old radios but am unable to work on them. I like the beauty of these old radios. I also collect old telephones. This kit has never been used. It's still in the box with all the parts and instruction manual. I believe it's from the 1950s. It has an ivory cabinet and is 7 1/8"wide, 4 1/2" high and 4" deep.

If anyone can tell me a bit about it and what it is worth, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Rick

suds

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-06-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Philmore ac-dc 5 tube radio kit model 205A

Post by QualityGuy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi Rick;  Don't know if anyone has answered your question or not.  First of all, if it's complete, and you'd be willing to part with it, let me know.  I've been looking for one of those for a couple of years!  Now to try to answer your question.  The quick answer is that it's worth what someone else is willing to pay.  Not trying to be a smart you-know-what but it's the truth.  A more definitive answer is this: Radio Attic sold one for $100 a couple of years ago.  I suspect you could get a little more for it than that.  Hope this helps.  Regards,  Mike KN4GGM

QualityGuy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:19 pm

I would capitalize on it. Since assembling the kit greatly diminishes its value, therefore one cannot enjoy it working. Post it on ebay for say $50 and let the bidders decide. Opt for the longest auction time practical. Be sure to include the disclaimers that there is no guarantee that absolutely ALL parts are there.

A die-hard Philmore collector would display it incomplete along side their working assembled radio...

From time to time I come across rare items. Since my radios are in my home and not accessible to the public I will offer said radios via ebay. or use them as a donation to a 501C3 museum and take the tax deduction.

You CAN do other collectors a favor by scanning the instructions, manual and parts list, take clear, sharp images with measurements. Post them to Radio Museum for the world to reference.

All meaningless if your decide to become a Philmore collector and the kit is the Flagship Very Happy

YMMV

Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by QualityGuy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 pm

"You CAN do other collectors a favor by scanning the instructions, manual and parts list, take clear, sharp images with measurements. Post them to Radio Museum for the world to reference."

That is great advice, Chas! I hope he will do this.

QualityGuy

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top