1949 Admiral 20X122 b/w TV

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1949 Admiral 20X122 b/w TV

Post by Tony V on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:49 pm

I just picked this Admiral up yesterday. The cabinet is solid bakelite and it's in near mint condition. You can't see in the picture because of the flash that it is playing Andy Griffith. The set is already particially recapped but i will be finishing it soon as i want to put it into regular service to watch old programs on. I picked this up for $25 and a tank of gas. I think i did really well on this one.

Tony V

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: 1949 Admiral 20X122 b/w TV

Post by jukeboxman on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Fantastic set --great deal--

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 pm

You got a great deal on it, but, it should be brighter than thisl I can't see the picture.. Could just be adjustments But, nice set..................

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:44 am

It's very bright, just the flash washed out the image on the screen. For some reason I cant turn the flash off on my camera like I have done with other set's.
Tony V

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:13 am

AAAHHHH. Thanks, Tony.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am

Tony V wrote:It's very bright, just the flash washed out the image on the screen. For some reason I cant turn the flash off on my camera like I have done with other set's.
Black tape, like electrical tape can cover the flash. IR will still get through but not much. If IR is a problem in the exposure use photographers black tape, stops IR, (3M). For flash pictures that get washed out but flash still needed, try one layer of white self stick wallboard tape. The adhesive is peel-able like a Post-It note so it won't foul the front of the camera. Most camera have a photo cell port that sends a quench signal to the flash circuit so the bounced light determines flash intensity. If ones hand or fingers cover this port, the flash will fire full power. Some cameras have flash control settings but they are often buried in three layers of menus  Neutral
Imaging live analog TV screens requires a mount and an exposure time of greater than 1/30 sec so that a black bar does not wipe the image. Essentially, the photo needs two scans to account for interlace. Old school film cameras I would bounce the flash off of the ceiling.

Imaging a Digital TV picture? On your own...

Oh, I once had one of those Admiral Bakelite's. The control trap door was lost. Hunted for years, gave up. Gave the TV away. The collector was not TV knowledge and later said I gave him junk he could not fix it. He was a his own victim of "shotgun" servicing and ultimately destroyed the TV Crying or Very sad

I found a local collector for all my remaining TV's so I can concentrate on radio. I have been discovering TV related parts and ephemera that I will be moving on as time permits. Stuff like service hand books, schematics, simple test sets, Bel fuses, Glo-Bars, even a safety mask for a 22" round color tube. He, he I was going to make a bird bath out of it Laughing

GL

Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top