Newbie from Florida

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie from Florida

Post by oaksky on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:10 pm

My 14 year old grand son has developed an interest in repairing and restoring antique electronics. So as a hobby I am getting back into it to encourage and mentor him. It has probably been 50 years since I have worked on radios that were not as antique as they are now. So needless to say I am a bit rusty. Been putting a work area together with basic equipment and we get together probably once a week to dig into a chasis or two.

Will be leaning on many of you in the future to help with many things that I have forgotten (or never really new) over the years.

Thanks,

Sam

oaksky

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie from Florida

Post by jukeboxman on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Welcome to TRF- lots of knowledgeable people here and most if not all are very willing to help
we move a little slower here than some forums --but be patient and most likely you will get the help you need.  

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:11 am

Welcome to TRF Sam! No problem being a little rusty as it's just like riding a bike, it will come back to you. It's nice to hear that your grandson is interested in vintage electronic's. You dont see that as much these days and it's always good to pass this hobby along to new generation's. Like Gary said, this forum is a slower paced compared to some but we have a good member base who will chime in. Enjoy your stay here!
Tony V

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top