Whoa! I did NOT see this coming.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whoa! I did NOT see this coming.

Post by terrydec on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 am

A few hours ago I came home from the hospital.  I went there Friday, expecting to go straight home, but my right side felt like somebody hit it with a baseball bat.  It turned out to be my gallbladder, which I am now missing. Although it didn't have any stones, (a good thing), it was stopped up with sludge, ( a bad thing).  The doctor told me I didn't need it.  Now I realize he meant, You can live without it, but maybe it will change your life.  For instance you can't eat certain foods.  He forgot to tell me that.  But in all fairness, it was an emergency.
I hate change in my life. Heck, I've been thinking of going back to a rotary phone and using my computer as a boat anchor..

The hospital was weird.  For instance I told the food server to tell the chef that this was great tasting food, (It was, especially for hospital food).  The first night they served a pot roast to die for.  After that my plate would come loaded down.  I've have gained 10 pounds over just three day.  And the staff loved me.  All they ever saw were crying sick people.  I was a flickering light of humor and warmth, flirting and telling stories. Like I said weird. It is good to be back home.

Next Larry Digger story? Guess what? "Murder in the Hospital." It practically writes itself.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Whoa! I did NOT see this coming.

Post by jukeboxman on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:20 am

glad you are ok -prayers sent

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulieb880G on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 pm

I can eat anything I want after my gallbladder was removed. I have learned where every public restroom is located for 100 miles in any direction. Walmart is your friend when it comes to this. I hope you are more fortunate, but I imagine you will be like everybody else. When you need to go, you NEED to go..... Shocked

Paulieb880G

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2017-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Well, it's been a couple of months since my operation. So far I have suffered no ill effects. I don't have to hit a bathroom, in fact, the only side effect is better bowel movements. I eat pretty much what I want. I have no upset stomach or diarrhea. Lucky me.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top