"Fiesta" table top AM/FM radio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Fiesta" table top AM/FM radio

Post by mfwatkin on Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 pm

I recently acquired this radio from my grand-father's estate.  It was found in the farm-house attic.  I've looked online for "Fiesta Radios" but the only "Fiestas" I have been able to find are small solid-state deals.  It looks like it may be from the mid-late 50s to the early 60s.  Made in Japan.

mfwatkin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fiesta" table top AM/FM radio

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue May 09, 2017 11:49 am

Sounds nice! May we see pictures?

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4615
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mfwatkin on Wed May 10, 2017 12:03 am

Did a little more research. Back panel says "Topp-Miami, Tokyo". Seems like they were an importer of Japanese electronics back in the day. Two nameplates under this name... "Juliette" and "Fiesta". Most "Juliette" models seemed to be table-top styles similar to the one shown...most were solid state, but some tube models existed, all of the "Fiesta" models I found were Solid State pocket models in plastic cases and looked a little newer, this "Fiesta" seems to be an exception. None of them seemed to match this one.

I fired this guy up when I got it home, it worked better than I thought it would. Volume was low, but would pick up as I would move the dial on the FM band. No luck with the AM band. There is also a setting on the band selector knob for "AFC" which if I had to guess means "Auto Frequency Control?". Its a nice piece, would love to get it fully working again and clean it up a bit, makes a nice mantle piece.

mfwatkin

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top