Philco mystery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Philco mystery

Post by Jb121 on Mon May 01, 2017 10:30 pm

I picked up this Philco for a couple of bucks with the intent of making it functional again. This is my first attempt at a radio "restoration". My normal areas of collecting are antique fans and lamps. With that said, I assumed that looking up the manufacturer and model number would be a breeze. After multiple hours scouring the internet, I've come away with nothing. I am hoping that one of the experienced members of the site can help me get started by pointing me in the direction of what it is that I have. Thanks in advance.

Jb121

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Philco mystery

Post by Tony V on Mon May 01, 2017 11:51 pm

I looked on the Radio Attic website and found two model's that are a close match to yours. One is model number C579 and the other is model number D593-124. The only difference between those two radio's and yours is cabinet color. I looked up both numbers on the Nostalgia Air website and could not find a schematic. That radio was made in 1958 so might be too new to be on Nostalgia Air. Maybe someone on here has access to a Sam's photofact directory and can lead you toward getting a photofact copy of the schematic for this radio. I hope this help's even though i didn't get too far for you. Sorry
Tony V

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jb121 on Tue May 02, 2017 6:48 am

Thank you! That is the start that I was looking for.

Jb121

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue May 02, 2017 8:13 am

Download the Beitmans manuals over at American radio history site. I would look through the 57,58,59 to see if I could find it.
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Beitman-Manual.htm

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top