"New" member

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"New" member

Post by Chas on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Hello all,

This is my first introduction post to this board,

I have a moderate sized collection of radio from early 20th century to about 1995. I have not added any more recently build radios. There are around 500 sets. I prefer battery sets of the 20's, some 30's and a smattering of sets up to the late 90's, both tube and transistor. I am a Ham operator and prefer RTTY, the station is down for lack of an operating area and a wire antenna, plus the time to devote to operating. I have been collecting since 1958 or so. Took a hiatus to be a teenager, for a couple of years then got back into collecting in 1968. I still have to process the remains of a couple of estate clean-outs, that has taken a great deal of time. Much stuff has to find new homes...

I was and still am a dedicated family man, they are always first... Any spare time is divided between more time for family and house then the radio hobby.

No problems repairing my sets. I have been doing so for years using resources in my library and former monthly publications such as ARC, Hornspeaker AWA Bulletin, ARCA Gazette.

Would like to spend more time here as I have found other boards too fast paced for me...

I do not know the bells and whistles of this board. I would like to amend this post if I am asked to tell more of myself. I would like to post images. I would rather not use an external host.
Regards,

Chas

Chas

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: "New" member

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Well, you are most welcomed here. This is a slow paced site, but, don't be dismayed. We have a number of knowledgeable people here who love helping. Pictures, including with another host, are well received here. I only ask that you don't delete any old pictures, as that messes up things for future people.

Bill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi Chas and welcome to TRF!
Tony V

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jukeboxman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Hello Welcome to TRF --enjoy

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Chas on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:44 pm

I have been poking around the site. Apparently my profile was never deleted. Avatar is still up. I just corrected the time. I also deleted my view of two old posts, the posts have long since gone quiet.

Great news on the images Bill. I can pull from my image library. I have no intent to delete them...

Radiola 26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The above is a test image.

Kinda had to figure out what was happening...

If I'm wrong let me know but it appears there is some association with a host, it seems there are three hosts. I don't know if I was supposed to select one, so I clicked, then figured the "go" button was "HOST" screen blinked and there is the link in the editor, apparently I got it right???

BTW the image name is not the name I have for it...Mine MVC-485F...

That set was gifted to the Connecticut Museum of Communications a while ago. Part of a 501c3 I did in '14. Only about 1/5 of the collection but a lot of space to move around became available.

Some time ago I started "divesting" myself of vintage TV. All the sets and much paraphernalia went all at once. However, looking through some nooks and crannies, like the English Muffin, but instead of butter I found TV repair parts. Stuff like boosters, ultor leads, cement and BEL fuses, video diodes, a color crystal in a mini tube envelope, out in the shed is a safety mask for a 22" round color tube with gasket. Hey, I was going to make a bird bath out of it Laughing  I'm putting together "piles" and will probably post it to the swap page. I will only keep my color bar generator.. don't need the parts or a bird bath. Darn turkeys would get into it...

That is enough "introduction" I think. I have gone of topic, sorry Rolling Eyes

Chas
Chas

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top