Aviola 502

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aviola 502

Post by lhlyda on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Havent done much as far as actual recapping/ replacing resistors. Have found one burned resistor, and one out of tolerance. Been comparing the Aviola 501 schematic to the 502 chassis. Not a real big variance so far. A couple of caps of different values, i.e .01 vs .05 mF. However, It appears that very little has been done under the chassis, the caps look original. Since there is no schematic for the 502, Im using the 501, the major difference, I have found is the C19 capacitor, 10mf at 25v in the 50L6 cathode bias circuit is missing. No trace of it ever being there. Any ideas? Attached is a picture of the circuit.
lhlyda

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Aviola 502

Post by lhlyda on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:00 am

Ive recapped the radio ( except C19) I'm waiting on new volume control. In the meantime,  I used my engineering alligator clips (lol) and clipped in a 500k pot in the circuit to see how it worked. Sounds really good. I clipped a 10 mf cap in where C19 should go. It really improves volume and quality. So, I believe someone had removed this cap. All the others, I think are orginal. Hopefully, later today I can put a scope on the circuit and see what the cap actually does.

I'm not satisfied with how the electrolytics looked, so, I have gutted the "firecracker" cap to restuff and am able to put two 22 mf in it, so the other will have to be under chassis somewhere.

Will be turning to cabinet restoration ( reconstruction, lol) while waiting on volume control.

Here is the as found under the chassis, as you can see, it really is in pretty good shape.

lhlyda

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum