FS: Thinning The Herd Sale - Kutztown Delivery on many items

Go down

FS: Thinning The Herd Sale - Kutztown Delivery on many items

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Spring is here and it's time for some spring cleaning.

These items are also being advertised on two other radio forums; first come, first served.

I can deliver any of the table model radios listed below to Kutztown, May 12-13, or to the MSARC swap which I assume will be held in Louisiville, KY sometime next month (date TBA).

This listing includes some consoles. I no longer have my Excursion so I can't haul large amounts of huge radios. I can bring one to Kutztown. Just one. So the first one spoken for will make the trip; the other consoles must be picked up here unless you make your own arrangements.

You can see more images of each item here.

Sorry, no shipping.

TERMS: 50% down via PayPal; balance upon delivery or pickup.

Here we go!

Restored/Working Radios

Philco 37-670B - Restored, refinished, good looking and good playing radio. Works on all five bands. You can read about its restoration here. Original (not reproduction) grille cloth has a couple small flaws; see photo below. The chassis came from a 37-670 console which I acquired at Kutztown! I last played this radio for an hour or so on Christmas Eve 2016, and it performed quite well. PRICE - $350.

Philco 17X Console - This set has had a complete chassis restoration and plays very well. The original finish on the cabinet has some minor dings, scratches and scuffs; nothing major, and it is very presentable as is. PRICE - $275 (see note below).

Philco 46-451 - Largish table model radio with AM and one SW band. Seldom seen. Chassis completely restored and playing well. Cabinet has some scuffs, scratches and dings. PRICE - $150

Philco PT-30 - AC/DC bakelite table model radio, restored and plays well. PRICE - $125, CHEAP considering the work that has gone into this set (including replacement of rubber-covered wires).

Philco 19B - Cabinet refinished, chassis restored. This thread includes some info on the process I went through to get this 19B's cabinet refinished. The chassis was initially restored a few years ago and speaker reconed. Two weeks ago, I powered it up and it sounded terrible, plus the oscillator was dropping out on the lower half of the AM band. I pulled the oscillator coil, baked it, rewound the outer winding which always goes bad, and reinstalled. I also had to re-recone the speaker cone; it now has a paper cone with a cloth surround and sounds much better; following a thorough alignment, it also plays much better and tracks well throughout the AM band. In short, it is good to go. PRICE - $275.

Unrestored/Non-Working Radios

Philco 40-155T - This 1940 model is missing one knob and needs a complete restoration. PRICE - $35.

Philco 41-250T - This 1941 slant-front table model is also missing one knob and it needs a complete restoration as well. PRICE - $35.

Philco 34L Console - 1935 model, battery-operated console radio. The battery version of model 44. Sorry - Spoken for.

Philco 90 Cathedral Project - I had intended to restore this set, but I have another 90 and I have decided that I do not need two. This is the "mid" version chassis (1-47). Both cabinet and chassis need total restoration. Front arch is pulling away from the wraparound. Includes rear arch and original speaker (speaker will also require work). PRICE - $100.

Philco 81B Cathedral - Parts set or challenging restoration. PRICE - $30 (the parts are worth at least that much).

Atwater Kent 55C Kiel Table - Cabinet has a missing small piece of veneer on top, and the middle stretcher is broken. I think I still have what is left of the original stretcher here someplace. Includes 55C chassis and speaker (not shown). It was given to me, so the price is...FREE (pickup only).

Philco 18H/118H Empty Cabinet - Needs a little veneer work, mainly on the stretcher base. What you see is what you get. No chassis, speaker, knobs, etc. FREE (see note below).

Blaupunkt Arizona Hi-Fi Consolette - This compact unit includes a radio (not shown in pictures) and a Perpetuum Ebner Rex turntable. The unit was pulled apart when I acquired it. I think I have all of the pieces, including two sets of knobs. FREE (see note below).

Thank you for your interest!

NOTE: Just to reiterate - This listing includes some consoles. I no longer have my Excursion so I can't haul large amounts of huge radios. I can bring one console to Kutztown. Just one. So the first one spoken for will make the trip; the other consoles must be picked up here unless you make your own arrangements.
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: FS: Thinning The Herd Sale - Kutztown Delivery on many items

Post by Ron Ramirez on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:15 pm

The Philco 34L is sold; the AK Kiel table is spoken for.

Sale pending on the 40-155T and 41-250T.
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 pm

The Blaupunkt Arizona is spoken for.

The Philco 17X and the empty Philco 18H/118H cabinet are withdrawn from sale as I have no more room to deliver any consoles to K-town other than those already spoken for.
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 am

Your not going to the Nashville meet on the 15th are you? I would be interested in the 81 cathedral or any empty cathedral case you might have. I am trying to help out a museum out that has a display for radios and even a original am transmitter used in this area. I have a case but its in bad shape. I don't like how its turning out. If you head this way let me know.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 am

Hi Willy,

Great to hear from you.

I don't think that our schedule will allow for us to go to Nashville this year but I will check again and see. I always enjoy hanging out with the good folks in Nashville.

I have to tell you, though, the cabinet of my 81B cathedral is in pretty sad shape and may not be repairable. Be sure and see the link I posted above which shows more pictures of each radio. Here it is again:

http://philcoradio.com/radiosale/
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by CrystalRadioMan on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:55 am

Is there a link to this Kutztown meet, I might want to go!
CrystalRadioMan

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:02 pm

http://www.dvhrc.com/docs/Upcomingshowinfo.pdf

You should go. You will not be disappointed. I guarantee it. Very Happy You will see more radio equipment there for sale than you will see anywhere else. Period. End of story. And the atmosphere is so relaxed, too. It's simply amazing! It's good enough to make someone who lives 704 miles away (me) make the trip once a year (twice a year is just too much...I would if I could, though)...
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by CrystalRadioMan on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Very interesting, thanks so much for the link! Very Happy Very Happy
CrystalRadioMan

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2017-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Ron Ramirez wrote:Hi Willy,

Great to hear from you.

I don't think that our schedule will allow for us to go to Nashville this year but I will check again and see. I always enjoy hanging out with the good folks in Nashville.

I have to tell you, though, the cabinet of my 81B cathedral is in pretty sad shape and may not be repairable. Be sure and see the link I posted above which shows more pictures of each radio. Here it is again:

http://philcoradio.com/radiosale/

No problem at all, I thought I would let you know if you came this way. I have a cathedral but its in worse shape than yours. It has a hole in the side and the entire veneer is missing around it. The front is hit as well and missing a lot. I got contacted by a small town museum close to me looking for a cathedral . They saw mine I redid for myself online and wanted one. This one I have is probably not even worth putting in the time. A radio station donated a 40s am transmitter that was their first one and they have a display with it. All they wanted was the case. They don't need it working. I will check out the Nashville meet and see if I can find one. I told her I would fix this the best I can and then try to find a better one later.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:16 am

Bump. Any interest?

The Louisville swap is May 6, not April as I previously indicated.
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Wish I could go. Can you look for parts for me for 1946 through 1947 radios.
Thanks.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4577
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down