Help please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help please

Post by Ron Reece on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:56 am

Good morning and thank you for accepting me to the forum. My name is Ron and I live in Winter Haven, FL. I need advice or help in locating information on a Westinghouse model WR-29 radio. serial number 258390.
I can't find that much Info on this radio. After researching it seems this is a 1933-34 radio. My brother says the radio works. Case is in great shape. I need help as to were to search for more information and Value. I'm the 3rd owner of this radio. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Have a great day.

Ron Reece

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Help please

Post by Greg Davis on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:35 am

Hi Ron, Welcome to the forum.

Is this the radio you have: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Greg Davis

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Reece on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Yes that's my Radio

Ron Reece

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 pm

First off, don't plug it in or try to turn it on. One that age needs to be gone through to ensure it will work and not burn up parts due to age. As far as value I hate to put a value on one but here in Tennessee the stand up like this run from anywhere around 25 bucks to 100 not restored. You see higher prices but many times they sit for a while before being sold. With that said price depends mainly on what a seller will let it go for and what the buyer is willing to pay.

If you are wanting to sale it for top price sale it as is and do not turn it on or have it repaired. Many times its costs more to fix than the price you will get. If you want to fix it yourself or want someone to fix it check with a local tube radio collector club. There looks to be one near you. You can usually find someone at a meet that is willing to help or fix it for you. Check with the people on this page.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

willy3486

Number of posts : 1429
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:46 am

Welcome to TRF.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4615
Registration date : 2008-03-12