General Electric RP 2041A

Go down

General Electric RP 2041A

Post by Dr. Radio on Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:00 pm

For some reason, I couldn't pass up the $15 deal on this. It's a 3 tube unit, true stereo "portable" (luggable!) record player. Sorry for the poor picture. I removed the "swing out" speakers to make moving it around easier. It is made out of vinyl clad steel. The handle is missing, but I think I can come up with something. It's dirty, but mostly all there.

Is this going to be a money pit disaster?

I have the schematic, but no mechanical service info for the turntable. Any help? Who really made the changer--Voice of Music? I would appreciate any info. Would like to see what I'm up against before spending money on a new cartridge and stylus.

Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: General Electric RP 2041A

Post by Tony V on Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:33 am

Yes, it's a VM changer so most any VM diagram of that era will work as a guide for servicing it such as the 1200 series. Try and locate the highest voltage stereo cartridge you can find for best results on output. I bought a 13T powerpoint cartridge and holder to use in mine. These sound pretty good concidering they don't have a separate bass control. Much better than the solid state versions that came later. It should be an easy restoration and the only real investment money wise will be the cartridge and needle.
Tony V

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 pm

That is a 1200 series. Gary at vm enthusiasts will be able to help you with cartridges, idler wheel, etc...

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4583
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down