Getting a little dull here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting a little dull here!

Post by jerryhawthorne on Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Since the election is over (we hope) not much being posted. Perhaps to start a little dialog not related to radios (I'm not working on any now) or the election, thank God it's over). Hence the progress on my VW Jetta Diesel. Getting set up to sell it back, most stuff filed and approved and THEN along came a shall we say very shaky man driving a car in a parking lot and hit the back end of our little car while it was parked nicely with no one in it. It was estimated he was doing 35mph with his foot on the gas. Well, 4 cars and believe it or not an ambulance involved as he bounced around the parking lot. Thankfully, no one hurt. Well, close to selling the car back to VW for the emission violations problem and a VERY nice offer. Well, at least the car was not totalled only 12K of repair damage and we should be able to pick it up on the 30th. Pay $500 for reasons I'm uncertain and hopefully get back and for a few days of car rental as the repair time exceeded their 30 days of paying. Perhaps the insurance company will pay those bills. They can't say we were at fault as no one was in the car when it and others were hit. Just another speed bump in life.
Yes we will be selling it back and buying a new car. Our daughter works for Toyota and we get better deals than the dealer. So, by Christmas a new Prius V wagon will be coming. Dull to drive but no one else makes a small car diesel.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting a little dull here!

Post by Greg Davis on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:44 am

I hope the Prius works out for you I've known several people who owned them over the years, and they've all been satisfied. As you said, not the most exciting mode of transportation, but it is efficient and reliable.
Greg Davis

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Conelrad on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:37 am

I've driven several Prius, and overall it is a technical marvel.

My only gripe is it doesn't take bumps very well.

I'm no one to judge recent cars, mine is 31 years old...

DDG

Conelrad

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Yah Dennis no doubt your old nice Mercedes Diesel? Well, we got the VW back yesterday and what a pleasure to drive compared to the Huyndia Alantra.. I'm going to miss the VW! It certainly looks pretty, the repair people did a great job.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jukeboxman on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:49 pm

Well i get tired of posting things that may help a person figure out a problem and they just say ill check and you never hear if the info helped or not--i dont want a thank you from them i want to know if my info helped OR not.
it happens most of the time

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:57 pm

I know Gary, not much problem solving going on but sometimes the other stuff gets a little interesting. Hence I posted. No problem solving but something to think about. I like to help on radios and enjoy watching a mod who spends more time on an old truck than anyone with a brain would do. OK, I'm dead and sorry. Just buy a new truck unless you are 20 years old and enjoy ( as I did) laying under a car. I must admit he does keep me enjoying his trials. I'm too old to do that crap but young enough to watch someone else do it.
Best, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:53 pm

I still have my 1985 Mercedes 300D Turbo diesel. I've owned it for over 10 years and have no intention on selling it any time soon. I've owned many cars during this 10 year time span and the Mercedes never let me down like the others did. Take off power...it has none Laughing but it will keep up with the best of them on the open road. I still get the occasional thumbs up from other drivers. It is my back up car for the most part as my primary car is a Chevy Impala SS right now. I still see myself owning the Mercedes in another 10 years. The Impala not so much Laughing I wish there were more turbo diesel offerings in the small to midsize car genre.

Tony V

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Nice car Tony but I'm afraid the days of small diesel cars is over with.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Conelrad on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:58 am

Hey Tony,

One of ours is a '85 300DT wagon, the other is an '80 300SD W126 body. We love our old MB's!

DG

Conelrad

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2013-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:17 am

My daughter graduated college in December and she bought herself a new Prius. She loves it. She works in Nashville and about 65+ miles from where we live. She works for a robotics company and they go all over. She is working close to our house and staying at our house mostly. She has a apartment within walking distance of where she works at. With all this driving she has done lately she gets 50+ mpg. I get about 28 mpg in my Jeep Compass. If it wouldn't cost me so much to keep two vehicles I might get a prius to go to work at around 80 miles round trip. But then again its a lot easier to get into a Compass than a Prius.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top