Pirate Standoff, what to do?

Go down

Pirate Standoff, what to do? Empty Pirate Standoff, what to do?

Post by Timaaay! on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:26 am

The only reason the pirates are not being nice is because they are economically disadvantaged. Our leader should urge the tax cheating, Treasury Secretary to get to work on the Pirate Stimulus and Recovery Act (PSRA) which will provide low cost home mortgage loans, health care benefits, extended unemployment benefits and an expanded social program for the pirates. Then, maybe the pirates will be able to live normal, government-subsidized lives like people here in the United States. As a bonus, France will like us again!
On the other hand, perhaps a few cruise missiles aimed at the homes of the war-lords responsible for orchestrating the never-ending piracy would do the trick. Twisted Evil
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Pirate Standoff, what to do? Empty Re: Pirate Standoff, what to do?

Post by radiowizard on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:29 pm

I love this...our navy sits around and let's this go on. I say as well, the hell with them and blast them. Yes, I know the good captain is still hostage...this crap will continue unless Obummer grows some gonads and demands real action. Not pointless, cowardly talking. Unless they let Obummer talk without his TOTUS helping him. They may just give themselves up before they go nuts listening to him "ummm, uhhhhh, welllll, ummm, you know...uhhhh."
Or, better yet, make them listen to audio of Hillary's cackle. That ought to do it. Laughing
And, to really stir it up here, research what religion these clowns are from...same as the Barbary Coast pirates. That will 'splain a lot.
RadioWizard: An Equal Opportunity Offender (and PROUD of it).
radiowizard
radiowizard

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Timaaay! on Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I'd like to thank our Navy, it's commanders and the SEALS that showed what dedication and professionalism are all about! Captain Phillips, also a brave, heroic individual, will be reunited with his family soon.
Two days ago I made a joke about our government providing assistance to the pirates. This morning both CNN and the AP are running stories about a draft that is being drawn to........are you ready?......... send BILLIONS of our money to Somalia in an effort to "aid them financially"
Am I the only one who has a problem with this? These pirates are known to have very close ties to Al-Qaeda; have terrorized, raped, extorted and killed scores of innocent people. I don't think a care package will do much. What's next? Perhaps a singing telegram and a Vermont Teddy Bear?
I guess this is why I would make a terrible president. I believe the American peoples' money should only be sent for natural disasters, floods, earth quakes, etc. I'd rather see this money spent to block every port of Somalia- Absolutely nothing in or out of the country (except medicine, etc.) until this lunacy is stopped.
Timaaay!
Timaaay!

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu May 14, 2009 5:44 pm

This post has been re-openned for discussion. Please, guys, let's keep it nice. Thank you.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Fri May 15, 2009 3:00 pm

I read a few weeks ago about pirates trying to get on a cruise ship. A retired guy threw deck furniture overboard knocking them off the ropes!!!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Fri May 15, 2009 7:10 pm

trust me...there is no man unarmed on a merchant ship. Whether or not they can say that to the media is a different subject.

Many an attempted pirate raid results in shark bait. We only hear about the failures. A friend of mine works on a merchant ship...he says they don't take any prisoners.
exray
exray

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Send our tax dollars over there. Why not? We're already doing it in Iraq, and they weren't even doing anything!
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:38 am

music in a bottle wrote:Send our tax dollars over there. Why not? We're already doing it in Iraq, and they weren't even doing anything!

Yeah, why not indeed.....Your new boss is breaking his neck to appease the entire Muslim world so yes, send more of your hard earned tax dollars to Somalia, and no doubt our subservient Australian Government will take notice of this and dutifully follow suit.
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Ron Pond wrote:
music in a bottle wrote:Send our tax dollars over there. Why not? We're already doing it in Iraq, and they weren't even doing anything!

Yeah, why not indeed.....Your new boss is breaking his neck to appease the entire Muslim world so yes, send more of your hard earned tax dollars to Somalia, and no doubt our subservient Australian Government will take notice of this and dutifully follow suit.
Ron, I guess you didn't pick up on my sarcasm! As a guy who feels fairly passionate about my assault weapons, I say let's go get em! Besides, Obama is more concerned about taxing the hell out of the ultra wealthy, and giving us affordable healthcare! Wink
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:10 am

music in a bottle wrote:
Ron Pond wrote:

Ron, I guess you didn't pick up on my sarcasm! As a guy who feels fairly passionate about my assault weapons, I say let's go get em! Besides, Obama is more concerned about taxing the hell out of the ultra wealthy, and giving us affordable healthcare! Wink

It's been reported in the news here that Obama's answer to the Somalian piracy issue is to offer Somalia bucketloads of your tax money, ostensibly to aid their government in stopping the pirates.....Yeah, right, that'll fix 'em......

Whether you like it or not, the ultra wealthy and not so ultra wealthy are good sources of employment for us, the non wealthy. Taxing the crap out of them will mean less jobs being created or offered by them.

Yeah, I know many ultra rich are corrupt but look carefully in your own workplace and you may see the same on a smaller scale among the workers.....the guy who lifts the occasional spanner or office stationery, who uses the company phone for non company related calls, logging on to websites & email accounts in company time, etc, etc.
It all adds up.....and no, I don't own a company, I'm a worker on a fixed annual salary.

Ron.
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:52 pm

At least you're working brother! I'm not! As regards the human race, and I'm generalizing, because there are a few people I do like, such as my father in law. But generally, people suck! Wealthy and poor, the human race is nothing but heart ache, ignorance, pollution, exploitation, deception and twisted perception. With an occasional exception! My 92 year old father in law, who the other day flipped off a couple young punks while driving, because they flipped him off for driving to slow, and who vehemently hates mankind, says it all the time. Man is essentially a liar.
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:22 am

music in a bottle wrote:At least you're working brother! I'm not! As regards the human race, and I'm generalizing, because there are a few people I do like, such as my father in law. But generally, people suck! Wealthy and poor, the human race is nothing but heart ache, ignorance, pollution, exploitation, deception and twisted perception. With an occasional exception! My 92 year old father in law, who the other day flipped off a couple young punks while driving, because they flipped him off for driving to slow, and who vehemently hates mankind, says it all the time. Man is essentially a liar.

Sorry to hear you're not working.....Hope you find a job soon, working for a GOOD boss.

Not much different down here with jobs.....everything is on a knife edge here too, due to world financial crisis.
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:13 pm

So what do you do Ron?
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:37 am

music in a bottle wrote:So what do you do Ron?

Electronics technician since the early 1970s and have had an interest in tube gear for even longer than that when I was a kid. Many other interests as well, including weaponry. ( much harder to get gun permits here )

Yourself?
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Now you're talking my lingo! Love assault weapons. My favorite? AK 47s. Certified evil! Like my AR 15 and Remington 870 Police shotgun too! Very Happy
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:04 am

..........Did I scare everyone away? I admit, Guns are okay, but I love my little girl (pictured)!
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Guns work great, I still think the guy who knocked them off the side of the boat with deck furniture was a quick thinker.
Just about anything can be a weapon with brains behind it

scottb

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:22 pm

scottb wrote:Guns work great, I still think the guy who knocked them off the side of the boat with deck furniture was a quick thinker.
I can just see it now. A government ban on patio furniture. Must comply with statute AP67208g All patio furniture shall be secured to the patio with not less than 6 4 X 3/8 stainless steel bolts with washers, and shall have no rounded corners with a minimum of 4 inch high density foam that is safety yellow. Chairs shall be labeled with large posters indicating that the furniture could be used as a weapon, and shall be roped off to allow a minimum of a 6 foot clear area to prevent access to said chairs. Patio furniture shall not be advertised on TV commercials, to avoid having an adverse effect on children 18 years old and younger. Patio furniture shall be used in accordance with all Federal and Chinese regulations and shall not be used with a fat rear end capacity of more than 74 pounds. Razz
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:31 pm

music in a bottle wrote:
scottb wrote:Guns work great, I still think the guy who knocked them off the side of the boat with deck furniture was a quick thinker.
I can just see it now. A government ban on patio furniture. Must comply with statute AP67208g All patio furniture shall be secured to the patio with not less than 6 4 X 3/8 stainless steel bolts with washers, and shall have no rounded corners with a minimum of 4 inch high density foam that is safety yellow. Chairs shall be labeled with large posters indicating that the furniture could be used as a weapon, and shall be roped off to allow a minimum of a 6 foot clear area to prevent access to said chairs. Patio furniture shall not be advertised on TV commercials, to avoid having an adverse effect on children 18 years old and younger. Patio furniture shall be used in accordance with all Federal and Chinese regulations and shall not be used with a fat rear end capacity of more than 74 pounds. Pre ban patio furniture, shall not be permitted to have a high capacity magazine nor a pistol grip, and must have at least 6 chinese parts on it and can not be green, because green is an evil color and cannot have vented arm rests or heat shields! Razz
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:46 pm

That was a good one Music. Keep in mind the danger of a cable tie gun.
True story, a service person I know who travels world wide got the machine guns aimed at him when the inspector found the cable tie gun in his tool bag.

scottb

Back to top Go down

Post by music in a bottle on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:38 pm

It's cool when you hear these stories of bravery, and stupid, when you hear of people wanted to regulate arms. Keep your hand on your rivet pistol!
music in a bottle
music in a bottle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum