Maren Morris

Go down

Maren Morris

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:58 am

Today's review concerns an artist that is actually still alive. Maren Morris. This reviews her current new album "Hero", released June 3 on Columbia Nashville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maren_Morris

My wife listens to Top 40 country, "The Tim and Willie Show" when I'm not around. I'm not much on that stuff, myself.

I'll have to admit that this young lady is not horrible. She is not screechy at least. Most of her material is rap set to a fake electric fiddle. And the drummer still plays like he is driving roofing nails, but that is typical of the time. She whispers and swallows the mic, but that is also typical of the times. And she slurs the words so they are hard to understand, which is just as well, since they make little sense anyways.

That said, there are a couple songs that show promise. "My Church", her current hit, and "I Could Use A Love Song". She likes to use the "s-word" too much to suit me, particularly for a young lady. Why they have to write cuss words into "country" is beyond me. Pedal steel guitar is non-existant in country music, as is real piano. Amber Digby has no fear of competition. All in all, this album is better than most, not as good as some. Not bad for Top 40 material from 2016.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Maren Morris

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:55 pm

Good review.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:30 am

She sounds up and coming WC. I just rediscovered Brenda Lee after listening on Sat radio in the car. I asked "Alexa" the google echo to play her stuff. I love that voice, I think she was referred to as "Little Miss Dynamite" back then, strong voice for a little lady. So much good stuff from the 60s if I could just remember the names!
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Ah....... Brenda Lee.................

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4583
Registration date : 2008-03-12