Neighbors

Go down

Neighbors

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:22 am

This neighborhood is on the lake. Many of the older, original property owners have passed and younger people have bought the properties. Most have done massive remodels on the homes, so our neighborhood looks really nice most of the time. I am fortunate that all my nearby neighbors keep their places up well (except for a couple junk cars). There is a young ex-military fellow five doors down across the road who does nothing to his property. He has not mowed all season. The fescue in his front yard is going to seed, and is almost three feet tall! The paint is peeling on his house and one gutter is hanging with one end on the ground. The HOA sent him a notice and his reply was if we wanted his grass mowed to go ahead and mow it. He is semi-lives with his girlfriend and plays video games all night, then sleeps all day. He bartends part time. He is not a bad guy to talk to, he is just a massive slob. He has no sense of personal obligation to his neighbors. I find that rather surprising, considering he is was in the military. The HOA has threatened to mow and add the cost to his HOA dues. He says he won't pay it. What gets into people? Why do some have to be such knotheads?

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4996
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Neighbors

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Sometimes ones' experiences in the service make all other commitments pale in their estimation. I would guess at this point that nothing short of litigious enforcement will have the chance of gaining his compliance. one day he will have to realize that there are social obligations good people have and they shouldn't be considered an inexcusable infringement.
75X11

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:33 pm

The people who owned that house before were elderly and not in good health, so we were encouraged when a younger person bought it, thinking he would fix it up. WRONG! At least the old people who had it hired the lawn mowed on a semi-regular basis.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4996
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:38 pm

The HOA will have to contact their legal aid and work out something.
75X11

Number of posts : 4566
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum