Fun At Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fun At Work

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:01 pm

The guy who also works in my area is always trying to beat the rules here. When overtime is needed, it is supposed to be offered equally to all the workers in the given area and seniority dictates first refusal. the other guy feels he should be able to just show up early and that justifies his overtime. Today when he did so, I asked him how long over he had worked. 4 hours. I made out a "time ticket" that explained how the overtime was given out to him with no notice to me that there was overtime on offer. He thought that was funny. He really thinks it is funny now as I have 4 hours overtime assigned to me now as well for having made out the form. I also thanked him for letting me know how long I had "worked overtime" today.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Fun At Work

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:46 am

Do you supervise the guy?

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:56 am

No, but I am senior to him in age and time in service.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:02 pm

I worked under a young female middle manager who thought she would be the next CEO of the company. She told me on my first day that her main objective in life was to make my life miserable. That I was to do EXACTLY as she instructed and that she was not interested in my opinion nor my backtalk. (My reputation had preceded me!). So, one day, she came along and gave me a "911" directive, to be done immediately, dropping all else. "I want eggs in 6". Okay, says I. Are you sure? "Do like I tell you." No problem........

So I fill "6" with eggs. 240 dozen eggs. Then I wait a couple hours. You see, "6" is a freezer! The directive SHE was given was to put eggs in "16". That is a cooler bunker. So she had to explain why there were 240 dozen frozen eggs and how SHE was going to clean up the mess. She tried to pass the buck to me, but I had a witness. I got to spend the next four hours walking past this really pissed off middle manager with her long fingernails and spike heels cleaning up 240 dozen semi-frozen eggs out of a freezer bunker. Very Happy

This young female associate is now a cashier in lawn and garden.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top