Next Year's Shopping

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Next Year's Shopping

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:08 pm

I've just bought my razor cartridges to last til late next year. The cartridges at the wholesale clubs have lousy prices, something like $48 for 24. I get them on Ebay at 32 for $42. Most of the sources for blades are now selling the knock off "compatible" blades for just a little cheaper. They are good blades if you don't want to damage any of your whiskers. There are a few items like that I will buy a quantity of to use over the year.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Year's Shopping

Post by willy3486 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:29 pm

I quit buying razors years ago. My beard would dull them quickly and you had to have shaving cream as well. I now usually buy a electric razor every few years. So what I use to pay every 6 months in razors now I can buy a electric razor that lasts 3 or 4 years.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:00 am

I have a battery electric for emergencies, but electrics give me a rash. I haven't bought shave cream since taking basic training. I use liquid soap for washing my face while showering and shave while doing so. Doing it that way I get no irritation. I know everyone has a system that works best for them. Oh, I also have a couple of Monaco wind up shavers that work pretty well.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:15 am

I'm still old school in that i use the old gillette safety razor. You know the type that you twist the handle and the top opens up so you can drop a double sided razor blade into. I buy the blades off of Ebay for $10 for 100 blades and one will last me like a week or two. I dont use shaving cream either. Just liquid soap. My skin isnt to sensitive so no knicks or rash or burn. I use aftershave when done just like my dad and my grand dad did. I cant get a close enough shave with an electric or any of the disposables.
Tony V

Number of posts : 597
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:43 am

I had tried most of the available shaving implements, but when Gillette sent out Mach3 razors with 2 cartridges, that was all she wrote! Except for trying the dorco pace 6 and 7 that is all I've used since 2001. I guess everyone has their own favorites, that's why they make different methods.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:32 am

I gave up using a hand razor, and, cream early on because I have easy to cut face. For years I used Norelco, and, they slowly went downhill when the came out with a system I hated. I now use a Chinese made Gillette battery razor sold, and, labeled as Walgreens, where I buy them. Believe it, or, not, with one defective one I traded in, I'm on my second razor which I bought about a year ago. and, if I keep it clean, and, well charged, I get a smooth shave.. It's the best electric razor I've had in many years. The lift, and, cut that Norelco came out with is what I hated most. I call it tear, and, shred. I got whiskers pulled out, and, a lot of blood.
Sometimes, the Chinese do right by us.
I still use Old Spice after shave, which my father loved. It's great.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top