My wife dragged me to an auction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My wife dragged me to an auction

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon May 23, 2016 9:23 pm

One of her "girl" auctions. No stuff I would be interested in, period. She invited me along to buy her breakfast and to be a lumper, I imagine. Anyway, I got three "junk" cabinets, metal cabinets with 45 or so plastic drawers (each) for holding "stuff" in. I want to get my knobs out where I can find them. I have them sorted in bags, those are in bags, and those bags are in still bigger bags. When I need a knob, I still have to hunt. This acquisition should ease that situation a bit, hopefully. I also wanted a 24" HP computer monitor they had. And a set of JBL computer speakers. Normally, this auctioneer would separate everything and let me buy just the components. Not his time, though. He lumped the computer, two monitors, two keyboards, the speakers I wanted, and a box of games on CD. I got the whole mess for $24, $20 more than it was worth, probably. I now have another computer with Windows 7 and an extra monitor. It seems to work fine, but what am I gonna do with a third computer? I spent a total of $39 for my day's entertainment.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: My wife dragged me to an auction

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 pm

If it's large enough hard drive, I could certainly use one. Mine is showing it's age. Please pm me.
Thanks.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon May 23, 2016 10:01 pm

I'm going to take it in to the computer service guru and have him take a look at it. All I know about it is that it was working when they had it set up at the auction.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Hope it works out. Over on the rotary phone forums, they have contests to guess the winning bid on a given phone auction on Ebay. I won 2 in a row. Amazing.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 24, 2016 4:47 pm

I am still looking for Mom's old phone. I know it is here someplace, I remember seeing it awhile back. IF I can find it, I'll send it to you.

I found a bunch of transistors and IC's in a box under my bench. What in the world does a person do with that kind of stuff? The transistors look like top hats with legs and the IC's have about 8 or ten legs and are mostly Motorola. I have no idea what they are or whether they are any good. You know me, I hate to toss anything that could even remotely have a use someday.....

I got a bunch of computer games in that bunch of auction junk. They say they will work with Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP. Wonder if they will work with Windows 7?

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 24, 2016 5:12 pm

I think that is a computer guy question. My only worry would be if it would booger things up to use them.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed May 25, 2016 2:12 am

The computer guy says to try it and see what happens. I have been bitten by that dog before!..... affraid

I believe the plan is to buy a computer card game pack that is compatible with my computer without a doubt. That might be money better spent in the long run.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 am

That Looks like a plan.
75X11

Back to top Go down