Where is everybody?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is everybody?

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun May 22, 2016 12:14 pm

It must be fishing season.  Or golf season.  Or garage painting season.  (Guilty!)  All the forums I frequent are comatose, with the exception of the tractor forum.  I guess tractor guys are active all year around?  Radio, fan, TV, and Magnavox forums are all on life support.  I have three projects torn down on my electronics bench collecting dust and spider webs.  I have outside projects to do, as I suspect many have.  I hope you are all okay and are making progress with your projects......

The sun is out, Moon Mullican is singing on the Concert Grand, the frau's peonies are blooming and we had fresh strawberry shortcake last night before we went to bed.  It is a perfect day for taking Bentley on his buggy ride and for painting the garage.  Everyone have a great day!  Very Happy

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by jukeboxman on Sun May 22, 2016 12:44 pm

hibernating --been in the 50s here in Richmond va and rain for weeks wettest may in yeears--gloomy cold yuck weather
makes you feel like not doing anything

jukeboxman
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun May 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Just got in from mowing the front yard this spring has been fun times for the cactus. Not too much rain. I've been working to get the surface tree roots cut out of the yard . The kind you hit with the mower. I'll probably be doing more of that tomorrow. I've put a new post in the hints and tutorials section and have posted about my old new toaster. Looks like Bill has been busy on his Edison Standard, also.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun May 22, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm a couple hours from having the garage done.  Little stuff left, mostly.  I have the coach lamps apart to repaint.  Maybe before too long I can get into some of my projects.

Gary, don't you just hate that old cold rainy weather? It gets old after awhile. Hopefully, the sun will come out soon!

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun May 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Has anybody heard from Jerry Hawthorne lately? Maybe he is posting on ARF?

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun May 22, 2016 9:39 pm

He has posted a couple of times in the last week.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun May 22, 2016 9:42 pm

I don't know how these posts slip under the radar. I miss them regularly also.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon May 23, 2016 8:26 am

I have been busy with everything lately ,mostly trying to get the MILs estate settled. My wifes 'dead to her brother" as she says will not leave us alone. He probably came to see their mom less than 5 times in the same amount in years and now he wants to be over the entire estate. He never was there to lend a hand but now he is there with his hands out wanting everything. The latest is he has a lawyer and she has sent a letter to the court house, the lawyer that wrote the will and to my wife wanting to be the excutor but my wife is. She hasn't even filed probate but she is going to have to this week because of him.We were trying to get everything lined up. It looks like we may even have to do a restraining order because of this guy. The good thing is she is finally going to hire the lawyer that wrote the will to do the legal stuff. I have been telling her since he first acted up to do that. The plus side is he has finally hurt her so bad she sees exactly what I realized he was. After this is over we will not have to deal with him again. She never wants to see him again and I am fine with that.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon May 23, 2016 10:14 am

That's miserable business, Willy. I'm sorry you guys are having to go thru it. You have a will and a lawyer, so you should be okay in the long run.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon May 23, 2016 11:16 am

Wildcat445 wrote:That's miserable business, Willy.  I'm sorry you guys are having to go thru it.  You have a will and a lawyer, so you should be okay in the long run.

In the end though I think it may be worth it. My wife is finally seeing her brother as I have seen him for years. I wouldn't say much as I didn't want to be the bad guy. I put up a lot of his BS through the years. This has changed her and I can see how she never wants to hear from him again. I asked her if he came back asking forgiveness what she would do. She told me she would tell him she forgave him but she could never trust him again and that she never wanted to see him again. All he wants is the money and it has probably cost him 5 k out of his inheritance with these stunts. The best thing he could have done would have been to listen to her in the beginning. We wanted to buy out his share of the house and land. By fair market value he would have probably got 30k to 40k more than he will now if he doesn't pull any more stunts. We were going to take a loan out on the house then turn the morgage over to our daughter when she got out of school.

I even had to defend myself years ago because he came down to "straighten you out" as he said. There is a report of file of where the cops were called out. I think thats why he won't say much to me now in person. He sucker punched me once, then swung again but I blocked, then he came at me again. At that time I let go and put him down on the ground twice. The cops sent him home then. So he is a big man on the phone to me but in person he won't say anything. She is going to aske the lawyer if she can get him to deal with his lawyer and not have to talk to him. She wants a Anyway Hopefully we can get it over with soon. I may ask my wife if she would be willing to sale him her half of the house and all the stuff in it she doesn't want. Then let him sale it and take care of the estate after that. That way he would finally actually have to do something.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon May 23, 2016 12:21 pm

I have a sister like that.  She is living with a thieving preacher and his four sticky-fingered daughters.  I don't understand what gets into people sometimes.  Acting tacky and treating people, especially family, badly is more work than just doing the right thing.  We had them over for Thanksgiving dinner one year.  She showed up in her housecoat and announced she was a vegetarian.  This is after my wife and I made a turkey dinner with all the fixin's.  One of the daughters refused to get off her phone at the table, so she took her vittles in the car.  Her dad ordered her a pizza.  My wife is still aggravated about that....

Fortunately, we spend Thanksgiving now in Arizona, and they can't afford to come visit. Very Happy

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon May 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:I have a sister like that.  She is living with a thieving preacher and his four sticky-fingered daughters.  I don't understand what gets into people sometimes.  Acting tacky and treating people, especially family, badly is more work than just doing the right thing.  We had them over for Thanksgiving dinner one year.  She showed up in her housecoat and announced she was a vegetarian.  This is after my wife and I made a turkey dinner with all the fixin's.  One of the daughters refused to get off her phone at the table, so she took her vittles in the car.  Her dad ordered her a pizza.  My wife is still aggravated about that....

Fortunately, we spend Thanksgiving now in Arizona, and they can't afford to come visit.  Very Happy

The funny thing is one option may be to sale the house to someone that will have to move it. The house was a modular home that was trucked in on a semi. It was put in place by a crane. It has a full basement under it that most of the block is above ground due to this area being so rocky. this means that it would take very little effort to move for a mover and would be an easy one for them.The will stated that she gets half the land and her brother gets half. She is going to ask the lawyer if the way the will is set up can she sale the house only then give him his land. I have had one mover already interested in buying the house. I told her would she be alright in not getting any money as what little they got for the house would go for the bills and she said she would be fine. So if that happens all the money he probably will get will be for the land, He also would have to pay back half the cost of the bills since he took half the money out of her moms account.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon May 23, 2016 2:04 pm

I hope things work out all right. It looks like you folks deserve some peace now.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 24, 2016 3:37 pm

Now everybody here is back to work.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 24, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm still goofing off. It is raining, so I can't paint or pick strawberries. I sorted my knobs into the new bins and cleaned the ceiling fans. I have to get ready to go to the store for a few hours.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Tue May 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Hey Gang,

I'm guilty of not hanging out here more, but do make point to check in once in awhile.

Trying to keep my head above water. 2015 was a terrible year due to personal matter s. I lost a family member last month from terminal cancer. The weather has been less then cooperative and I had water in my basement a few weeks ago. I occasionally post on ARF, but only because I have a good friend who posts some interesting projects there. I really wish I had time to even tinker with some of my radio projects but more pressing priorities put a halt on that. Sorry.
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 24, 2016 7:55 pm

My condolences. Hope things get better for you.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed May 25, 2016 1:36 am

We've missed you, Doc. I sure hope things get back to normal real soon. We are here for you.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed May 25, 2016 8:17 am

My condolences, and, hopes for a better year. You will be in my prayers.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed May 25, 2016 3:10 pm

75X11 wrote:I hope things work out all right.  It looks like you folks deserve some peace now.

I don't think we will have piece for a long time. I tried to get her to file probate a while back when he first got the money and she didn't listen. She didn't want to spend the money as the person in the court house said not to since there was no one to pay. She went to the lawyers office yesterday and she found out he has already filed for it and she has the will. She now has to get the lawyer to counter file now. I am sick of this whole deal. To top it off if I even ask questions about any of it she gets mad. Now we will be lucky if we can get any land. I am sick of the whole mess. !5 years we have taken care of our elderly parents in some shape or form. This is the thanks we get for it.  I should have sat on my behind and did nothing, maybe someone would have appreciated me then. This will probably give me a heart attack form all the stress, at this point it wouldn't bother me to kill over dead. I have decided one thing though, when it comes time to clean all the trash and junk their parents have in the barn he is the one who is going to have to do it.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 25, 2016 3:52 pm

try to ease off a bit. let theother guy wear himself out trying to steal it. Don't let this take your health. Lawyers are the cutting tools in this game and they will move with the speed of a balloon race. Let them do the work and worry.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed May 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Agreed.  This kind of mess can cost you more than just a proposed inheritance.  And more than you are willing to pay.  Maybe pack up the jitney and you and the wife take a nice road trip.  Get away for awhile, spend some quality time together and get back on the same page.  Like 75 said, sit on the fence and let the lawyer do the worrying.  That's what they are getting paid for.  Your BIL is not the only ??&&%%!!! they have dealt with......

Willy, you tried taking the high road.  You did the right thing.  If you haven't gotten your pat on the back yet, here it is.  

My sister tried the high pressure nonsense on me.  I walked away.  Whatever monetary cost there may have been was worth every penny.  My wife and I celebrated by buying our house in AZ.  My sister is broke again, like she has always been, so what did she gain.  I can tell you what she lost.  Her brother.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum