I'm moving again

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm moving again

Post by terrydec on Sat May 14, 2016 10:12 pm

It’s true.  
Some of you might even remember when I moved into this house.  One of the hottest summers ever and I had to move everything by myself.  Whew!
I really liked my old apartment but I was suffering long term effects from a concussion and had to move.  I lived on the third floor and kept falling down the stairs.  I’ve only realized lately how bad it was and how much it affected my personality.
  Then a strange thing happened.  It turns out that the tenants in my old apartment are looking for a house and I can’t stay here because of the bills and stuff.   Plus I think my dog is allergic to this place. I move in 2 ½ weeks.  My landlord, (he’s the owner of both buildings), has made certain concessions, like paying all the expenses.  Supposedly all I have to do is drive the truck.

BTW- physically I am in better shape than I have been in years.  I’m off of my pain medication.  I walk every day, I’ve lost weight and I have a much brighter outlook.  I’ve even started writing again.  All those weird stories in one package.
terrydec

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm moving again

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun May 15, 2016 12:52 am

We have our house for sale, so a move is in my future as well. I wish you well with the move and hope you will be comfortable in your new digs. It's good your health is stabilizing, too. Good luck.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun May 15, 2016 2:18 pm

I'm glad your health is improving. That is the most important asset you can have because it helps to make the rest possible.. I hope your new place is both affordable and comfortable. And please post more often.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:42 am

I'm moved. My landlord had a bunch of people move me today. It is strange being back in my old apartment. The one who is taking it the worst is my dog Rocky. He is used to having a backyard.

They didn't get finished with fixing up the apartment. Somehow they got the wrong color paint and the painter didn't even notice. The living room needs to be repainted, part of the laminate floor is tore up and the pipes knock in the bathroom.

I'm back on the 3rd floor. All those stairs. Oh well, I'll either get healthy or drop dead. Better here than in that cold lonely house.

More later, I'm about to fall over.

I'll post more when I finally have this behind me. This has actually been in the works since February
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:31 am

Hope they get things taken care of for you. At least it is summer.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:06 am

Moving from a house to an apartment, even one as large as this, is like squeezing the toothpaste back in the tube. I have to climb over boxes to get to the bathroom and the kitchen is out of reach.
Oh well, back to unpacking.

I really hate to move but this offer was too good to pass up. Back to my old apartment that I loved for 16 years.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:20 am

Always pluses and minuses to consider. Glad there are good points involved.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm in.  It feels like I am home.  There were some problems of course.  They were still working on the apartment when I moved in so I had to deal with their mess and the touch up paint on the living room walls is not the same shade as the rest so it has to be redone.

The house was just a house but this apartment is unique.  I lived here for 16 years before moving into the house.  Like I said, it feels like I'm home.  And the house fit into the apartment just fine.  Well, it is a huge apartment.

I lost my pet cat of 15 years.  He didn't survive the move.  He got real sick a few weeks ago and almost died then but recovered.  However I knew that he was on borrowed time.  I believe that I got those extra weeks to say a proper goodbye.  I miss him but I'm not as devastated by his passing as I would have been then.

Oh well, back to work.  Today I set up the production studio and transmitter.
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Just about lost "my" cat recently. Not pleasant. A place can't be a home without comfort. Looks like you have that now.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top