Radio station advertising

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Radio station advertising

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 10, 2016 11:58 am

We have a local flea-power FM station. I call it "97.1, The Ad" since it is mostly ads and canned, antique, often-repeated country music from the middle 1970's until the early 2000's. Not my favorite era to start with. I paid particular attention one day, and they play almost 40 minutes of ads per hour. They played "Rose Garden" six times in a period from 7 am to 5 pm. They run ads for business like Staples and Home Depot when there is not one of those stores within 150 miles of here. TV is getting almost as bad. When is this all going to end? I know, streaming. I should be streaming. I do "stream." Usually at three in the morning when I have drunk too much sweet tea before I go to bed! Streaming is not something I want to do. I do not own a smart TV. All mine are ancient and "dumb." Well, the frau has her flat panel, but all of mine are old and dumb. If I hear the ad from the Christian book store one more time, I may call them and say something that is not nice. How much money is there in Christian books? How can that little store afford to advertise so much? And the tree trimmer. Why ain't he up a tree sawing off limbs rather than blabbing on the radio? Geez....... Shocked

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Radio station advertising

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue May 10, 2016 12:30 pm

Sorry to steal your space here, but, I have bad news to tell.
Our last am station, and, last fm station to transmit decent 40's-70's music has been bought out. It is another talk station now. No more music, except for one transmitting heavy metal.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Round here, when the stations stop playing.  The laptop starts.  It knows what I like.  There is one station that broadcasts a program 1 hour a week when there isn't a softball game at some podunk field in Florida.  Not often these days.  That's fine too.  The stations seem to change formats all the time, subject to whim.  There is some interesting listening on shortwave these days, with one station in Miami rebroadcasting several nations' programs.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 10, 2016 4:23 pm

We have one music station that I can still get on AM. It is 200 miles to the southwest, in Manhattan, Kansas. They play a good mix of older country music, and they also have the Royals baseball games. And silly old college basketball in season. Shortwave around here is a mixed bag. FM simply sucks. It is either top-40 country (gag) or some type of headbanging crap. Shortwave around here is owned by the religious yellers. There is one guy who appears on about 10 spots on the dial.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Those kooks are on mostly on the weekends.  they disappear for the most part during the week.  There is good stuff out there.   One station pops up here and there with OTR broadcasts on the low end of the dial.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed May 11, 2016 1:39 am

My longwire antenna is on the fritz. I tried using it with shortwave the other day and could not get much. There has to be a tree limb touching it and shorting it out somewhere, but I'll be switched if I can find it. I've been using my outside auto radio antenna on my SX-110, and I'll bet that ain't the best shortwave antenna I could have. That shortwave preacher comes in loud and clear, though. Shocked

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed May 11, 2016 1:48 am

Here is one station I get early in the evening about 6-7pm eastern.

http://en.rsi.rtvs.sk/about-us
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed May 11, 2016 2:06 am

I've gotten that station before. And I get Tel Aviv once in awhile. The other evening all I got was the preacher and some guy preparing for the end of the world. And some Spanish stations.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top