Heathkit T-4 Signal Tracer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heathkit T-4 Signal Tracer

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon May 09, 2016 7:31 pm

This test instrument is used about as much as any test equipment that I own. It is handy for lots of things. As a signal tracer, of course, but also as an audio amplifier and to sub for an output transformer if necessary. This is one of the smallest signal tracers made by Heathkit. It has three tubes, a Mullard sourced 12AX7 and a GE sourced 12CA5, and an RCA sourced 1629 eye tube. All are Heathkit branded. Some time back, the internal speaker quit. It had been getting rather rattly for some time. This takes an odd-sized speaker, 3 and a half inches. I found a Cadillac car speaker that would work perfectly. I had to remount the output transformer. I used a long screw to hold on the speaker and mounted the output transformer on the long screw. I tied the wires out of the way of the 12CA5. My little signal tracer now works like it is supposed to. While I was at it, I replaced the 1629 eye tube, since it was getting dim. Rainy days are a good time to get caught up on these little projects.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5282
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Heathkit T-4 Signal Tracer

Post by 75X11 on Mon May 09, 2016 10:43 pm

That one will pay dividends.
75X11

Number of posts : 5019
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 10, 2016 12:31 am

I have a wonky VTVM and that little Heathkit scope to work on while it is too damp to paint. The VTVM has a short in the wire to the probe somewhere, and the scope just needs a good tune-up, as far as I know.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5282
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top