Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Go down

Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my! Empty Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Post by Gary Tayman on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Today's paper -- must be a slow news day. Front page is a news story about how unwanted reptiles seem to be migrating into Sarasota County. They have a big map showing where these critters have been spotted, either by callers or by County officials. Uh, none in my back yard as of yet but a few are within walking distance. A LOT of them have been found in celery fields, which are only a couple miles away.

Of course there is the hypothetical question about some form of migration due to man-made global warming. Global warming? I doubt it. Man-made? Yes. Apparently some people have kept them as pets, then released them into the wild, locally. Now they're taking over.

In other news . . . y'know, just once I'd love to read a headline -- "No news today."
Gary Tayman
Gary Tayman

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my! Empty Re: Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Post by mbird97x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 am

Everybody retires to the Mana-Sota area, don't they? Laughing
mbird97x
mbird97x

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my! Empty Re: Monitors, iguanas, and pythons, oh my!

Post by easyrider8 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 am

Ain't none of them critters up this way

Dave
easyrider8
easyrider8

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mbird97x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 am

Manatee and Sarasota counties, Florida.......It's a "local" thing
mbird97x
mbird97x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary Tayman on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:24 am

By the way, are you by chance going to the FAWG Meet in Orlando? It's March 7.

Usually a few of us will meet REAL early, and car pool over there. Go to the meet, pay a visit to Skycraft, then head back and look over our stash of new stuff . . .
Gary Tayman
Gary Tayman

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mbird97x on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Can't seem to make those events on Saturdays as I don't get off work until 7AM..........bummer
mbird97x
mbird97x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum