My youtube videos

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My youtube videos

Post by willy3486 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:33 am

Lately I have gotten into recording quick videos of radios I have repaired. I have them on youtube. The latest is a RCA C2E radio from 59. Here is the odd story on it. I was out at a flea market and asked a vendor if he had any tube stuff and he didn't. I noticed he had a box filled with sewing patterns and the box was for a RCA C2E. I don't have any original radio boxes and thought this would be neat. I asked him if he would sell the box. He said oh yes and then started to talk about the patterns. I told him what I would offer for the box and  I said I was wanting the box only. I picked up that box for about the cost of a canned coke.

I had been looking for the radio and hadn't found one yet. This last week I did a search for it and found one in Nashville on Etsy. Being about an hour away I asked if he would sell it in person in about a month since I would be in Nashville to save shipping. He said he would. I gt to thinking and went ahead and bought it Thursday. He shipped it yesterday and it arrived today. It is almost perfect shape and I have it redone already. I posted a video of it. So you can see a lot of these I have worked on lately. Keep in mind many are in the process of being restored. They have been recapped but some cabinets are in bad shape or the chassis is without the case.

My youtube videos

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: My youtube videos

Post by 75X11 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:39 am

Nice collection, radios and videos!
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down