A good feeling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A good feeling

Post by willy3486 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:32 pm

I love to fix these old sets but I don't do too much for the public. I do maybe 1 to 2 a year recently. I will not work on flippers sets only the family heirloom type sets.  I just got done with the truetone I posted about here with the record player. I don't charge much ,mainly enough to cover my parts a little extra for the radio meet. With that said he brought this old trutone in dulled and nonworking. I was able to fix the radio on am and shortwave,get the record player going,wax the outside and touch up some place where the veneer was missing.

When the fellow come in the shock of the difference on the fellow face was worth it. Letting them hear a radio that hasn't been played in 40 years and see it working. Most hold back the tears but they are many times overwhelmed with joy. Theres not a lot of money to be made at times but the best riches is hearing them share memories of their family members lone gone come back to them because of it. Sometimes this hobby can pay off in enjoyment others will have.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: A good feeling

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Good job, Willy. Seeing something working after sitting for so long never gets old.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top