Post by 75X11 on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:25 am

That's great news!
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Update on Bill

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Ed in W. PA wrote:Dear Bill, Don't know the details of your condition but hope you the best. I am 62 and recently had problems with water retention. Last August while working 60+ hours a week at my job in the local tube mill ( read Hot Mill ) I noticed my weight rapidly increasing to about 25 lbs above normal and my feet and ankles were so swollen that I could barely get my work boots on. Upon seeing my doctor I want through a lot of testing to check for congestive heart failure, blood work ect. He could find nothing wrong and put me on Lasik and Potassium. Still no results. On Feb. 4th of this year I got laid off and that same day had an appointment to see my doctor. The swelling and extra weight were still there and he had no explanation of why because all tests showed normal. Forward one week. On the 10th while monkeying with a radio I went to answer the phone and walked out of one of my shoes. Thinking that it came untied which happened a lot ( shoe laces not long enough to tie them right ) I looked and it was not untied. For some unknown reason the swelling was greatly reduced and the excess weight was gone. It has been 6 weeks since then and the water weight has not come back. Maybe more sleep, not on my feet as much, I don't know and my doctor has no explanation. I will remember you in my prayers and hope the same thing happens for you. Regards and good luck, Ed.

The Lasik is for the water retension. The other is for replacing your Potassium. Lasik is one of several water pills that eat up potassium. I don't know of any that don't use up your potassium.

The water retention problem is permanent.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4540
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Update on Bill

Post by Ed in W. PA on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:34 am

Bill, I have to agree that water retention is permanent but must be influenced by one's lifestyle to some degree. While I was laid off from the steel mill the swelling in my feet and ankles went down to almost normal, but as soon as I returned to work it came back with a vengeance. I don't know if it is the heat, the dehydration, the long hours on my feet, working rotating shifts or lack of sleep that is aggravating this but it is definitely back and worse than before. My condition is mild compared to yours, as I can still function on my job but it is miserable. Good luck to you, I hope you the best in your recovery. Regards, Ed.

Ed in W. PA

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2014-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:32 am

It's all the above. I now am using the machine along with the Lasix is helping me some, but, now, the addition of the machine has taken my legs down to normal. They look, and, feel great.. The worst pain now is the arthritis...
I will be using the machine three times a day, and, boy, does it feel Good!!!
There is absolutely no pain using the machine. It feels like a rub down.
My legs right now are the best they have been in many years. But, if not used at all, the water will come back.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:05 am

Last week my doctor sent a prescription for a hospital bed for me because of my arthritis. Friday, they delivered it. I still wake up in pain, but, less than I did with the reclining chair. I'm happy with it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:03 pm

That's good. My doctor and insurance are oft times at odds on such things.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm

I now have both the compression boots, and, the hospital bed. I'm doing better.
One of the nurses sneaked behind my back, and, sent my prescriptions to a company in Tampa. They mail them. I told them it wasn't my idea, but, I'd give them a chance. Not supposed to cost me any money at all,..
The boots feel really good. I love them. Bed is dong well because I can change my position because of my arthritis.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top