Update on Bill

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Update on Bill

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:43 am

Update.
Home therapy is doing well. My pt lady, Dianne, has started a new therapy with her body electrocution devices that is giving us hope will help me out with my water retention problem. We've done it twice, so far. I have less pain, and, legs aren't quite as swollen. It might work.
I have nurses checking on me, and, helping me set up a pill box to make taking meds easier, and, faster.

My main doctor took a blood test to fing out what's happening.
The next day I got the good news. Kidneys are working perfectly, and, blood sugar is normal.
I'm slowly getting stronger. In the next couple of months I should be back to pool therapy.
My appetite nis better, I'm working on things, and, things are improving here.
Please continue prayers, and, put my younger brother Michael on your list, he's doing badly.....
Thanks, guys. It feels good to be back....

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4523
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:07 am

Nice things are going better and that you can post it!
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Update on Bill

Post by Ed in W. PA on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:04 am

Dear Bill, Don't know the details of your condition but hope you the best. I am 62 and recently had problems with water retention. Last August while working 60+ hours a week at my job in the local tube mill ( read Hot Mill ) I noticed my weight rapidly increasing to about 25 lbs above normal and my feet and ankles were so swollen that I could barely get my work boots on. Upon seeing my doctor I want through a lot of testing to check for congestive heart failure, blood work ect. He could find nothing wrong and put me on Lasik and Potassium. Still no results. On Feb. 4th of this year I got laid off and that same day had an appointment to see my doctor. The swelling and extra weight were still there and he had no explanation of why because all tests showed normal. Forward one week. On the 10th while monkeying with a radio I went to answer the phone and walked out of one of my shoes. Thinking that it came untied which happened a lot ( shoe laces not long enough to tie them right ) I looked and it was not untied. For some unknown reason the swelling was greatly reduced and the excess weight was gone. It has been 6 weeks since then and the water weight has not come back. Maybe more sleep, not on my feet as much, I don't know and my doctor has no explanation. I will remember you in my prayers and hope the same thing happens for you. Regards and good luck, Ed.

Ed in W. PA

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2014-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks, guys. My pt is trying something with my legs, and, feet, in case the muscles were tied up. It seems to be helping some. Still very swollen, but, a little less, and, pain is down. My old enemy nervous condition, being treated, now, caused me a lot of trouble. I'm on Lasik, and, potassium, but, up to now, had quit working. The new treatments are turning things around....

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:59 am

I definitely noticed something this morning. My legs are seriously starting to shrink. My adema is getting better. I've been undergoing some very painful treatments on my legs, feet, and, toes by my licensed P T. I'm seeing improvement. Also, not as much pain, either. We hope to cure me.
It just might happen.
Please keep me in your prayers.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:04 am

On their way. Good luck!
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:50 am

Good to know things are looking up. Good luck!
ve1arn

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:35 pm

Glad to hear you are doing better. We'll keep a good thought!

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 am

Please keep me in your prayers. Had a rough weekend, This morning I woke up, and, found a bubble burst on left hind calf. I called the nurse. She's coming today.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:30 am

On their way
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:13 pm

A week ago I had two nurses looking at my legs, one being a wound nurse. They tried an idea that worked. They wrapped both legs, and, feet, up to toes, and, just below knee caps with menthol wrap,and, over that, a wrap to put pressure on the adema. today, water level is way down, and, I can feel my bones. Arthritis is very painful, but, other pain is nearly gone. The one nurse is looking for a set of zip up pressure socks to keep adema down
My wounds are nearly healed. They get changed twice a week. It's the best my legs have felt in ten years.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 pm

That is really great news!
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Awesome!! Very Happy
ve1arn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 am

More good news.. My nurse was here yesterday. She said my case is presently set for another month, and, a half.
it could change, though..
We talked about one adema machine they used on my legs at the hospital two, and, maybe three years ago..
There is now a home version of that very same machine, and, I asked for one. She is going to ask the head nurse, and, I might be able to get it. The home version does the same thing, except it uses two boots you put on, and, zip up. It pumps up one boot to put pressure on the adema, lets it out. It then fills the other boot, and, lets it out. This happens in sequence every thirty seconds. Average use is two hours a day, though if needed, it could be longer.
It forces the water out of the leg, and, feet, and, up back to the rest of the system. It worked well in the hospital.
She examined my legs yesterday, and, put fresh bandages on..
The swelling has gone down a lot. At it's worst, the adema was at 3 plus. It was down to 1 plus, a very good drop..
So, I'm IMPROVING. We were looking for something that would consistently work after they leave. I think this machine will work.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:55 am

That's good to see!
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:33 pm

Best wishes from here as well, Bill!

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Always glad when it's good news. Looking forward to hearing you say you don't need it at all anymore. Very Happy
ve1arn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 am

Honestly, that isn't going to happen. I permanently have the the water problem. But, I believe this will be one of the least painful ways to keep it down.. I have had the water problem for more than ten years.

But, I sincerely hope they get the machine for me. It will help a lot. It is the home version of the successful machine they use at the hospital.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:38 am

My nurse came over today. She had hopefully good news to me. My chances look really good. She said medicare will guarantee a full payment on the machine because It is urgently needed, and, the nurses don't want to keep coming back......

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:09 pm

They're still wrapping bandages on both legs to keep swelling down. I found out with a prescription order from my doctor, which they got, medicare will buy the sequential machine I need to keep swelling from water retention down.
It worked some at the hospital two years ago with a new right hip. Now I have a new left hip. I still need the machine. Given the right proof from my main doctor, they will likely buy the machine for me to used on my legs every day...
I should know more next week.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Isn't there also a compression stocking that works in the same manner to reduce fluid retention? I remember they used them on me the last time i was in the hospital.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:27 pm

I'd rather have the machine to be used several times a day. Just received a call from a woman that sells them for the company. She said I had enough proof that I need one. She said when proof faces they, Medicare buys them for patients.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Just wondering. Of course you want the best care for your condition. Good luck with it!
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Thank you. This is the best way for me, according to my doctor to get the fluids moving out to my Kidneys.
I used something similar to this while in the hospital for the first leg, my right one. The left one was going bad because of the arthritis in the left leg. That's the last one done on Dec. 31st., 2015.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:19 am

I now have the machine. Got it Tuesday afternoon. It is fantastic! My water level in my legs is now way down, and, my legs actually get smaller by my feet. The nurse was here before machine came. She said it was better, but, needed to go down more. She kept bandages off this week to see what happens. Well, machine came late Tuesday afternoon. I now have the water in my legs under full control. So, now, the water pill in the morning, and, the machine 3-4 times a day one hour each, and, the water in my legs is much better under control. Funny, though, it didn't completely instantly go to my kidneys, but, the point is the machined is doing a veryfine job for me.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top