Roku vs MXQ TV Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roku vs MXQ TV Box

Post by tuberadiogeek on Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:48 am

I currently have a first generation Roku 2(600MHZ CPU and 512MB RAM) and it is not bad for what I use it for, but it sometimes does not like when I try to watch an HD movie in 480i format on the Time Warner TV App. So I went searching on eBay for something different that was fairly inexpensive that could do HD and non HD, and I came across an MXQ TV S805 box that runs Android 4.4 and carries a 500MHZ Quad core CPU/GPU and 1 GB of RAM made by Amlogic. It has overall good reviews and is clearly faster than the Roku. I was just curious if anyone has ever heard of one? If so, I'd like to hear some input from the ones that have one or knows someone with one. I'm just thinking it would be a better unit than my Roku 2 and give me more options for channels and other applications. I also considered the Roku Stick and Chromecast but those are HD only and Chromecast requires a smartphone/tablet for a remote and I only have an old basic smartphone that I use for wifi only. Here is a link to the MXQ on Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Amlogic-Android-Miracast-Airplay-Vensmile/dp/B00QEYBX84
If I do buy one, it'd be on eBay because they are cheaper there. Thanks for any info.
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top