Radio play

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Radio play

Post by willy3486 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:31 pm

My wife and I go to a country church out in the of the country, farms,etc. I am the youngest one there and I am just over 50. A lot of the members are between the age of 75 and 85. They had mentioned they hadn't had a play in years. We have a small group there so we would not have a lot in the play. With that said I thought I would write a play based on the old radio shows from the 30s to the 50s. I found hundreds of old commercials  and scaled them down to a few. I also got a couple of songs from that period as well. We did it all live and non stop. We recorded it as we wanted to give copies to elderly who couldn't come. With that said I thought some of you would like to see it. Over look the date stamp as I didn't know it was on there. Hopefully it will be ok to post if not just delete it. the hardest part of it was not laughing during it. I had tears running down my face I was trying not to laugh. Anyway hopefully you will enjoy it. At the end the pastor mentions about the wildroot that is a funny story. He also says something about the old radios that had to warm up . I had about 10 all over which made it funny to me.

Last edited by willy3486 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Radio play

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Willy, I would have loved to watch what you did but I'm blocked by "This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds". Sorry, Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:29 pm

I got the same thing Jerry did. Sorry Willy.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:24 pm

All the music should be in the public domain. I used only 3 songs and I think all are about early 50s or before.
Do to the way it encoded or something I will just delete the link. Funny thing is the videos came from youtube.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:49 pm

I just went through and looked at all my videos. Apparently they can tell it has music and block it. SME is sony. Anything that had that I just deleted. I want to keep it all on the up and up. Sorry about that as it has music clips. I even had some blocked that were radios I repaired that were playing. A good way for these companies to loose my business.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:43 am

I hope to edit it and  take the music out. I had 3 songs I think in it that were from the 40s. I don't usually download any music but I needed some as a break to give the two main characters a break. I got them off of youtube as they seem to be good to not let copyrighted stuff. Funny thing is the video I got it from has a lot of views while my video wasn't the best and had no views but got blocked. One way I find new music to get into is youtube, I will see a video and then go out and get the cd. I never got into downloading music or videos as I like to have a original hard copy. I get my music either though stores or used albums you can't find anymore. I will see if I can edit it out and repost it.

I may have found the issue. The music I got was on Youtube and working fine. I think all of them had at least 10k views. While I was looking at the original Cd I made it is labeled sony because I recorded it on a older sony CD. So it may be the name. I will just edit it and get the music off and then rename it and repost.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:47 pm

Update:
After I got home I started trying to play around with the video. While doing this I checked into my email I use for youtube. The info I got claimed that the song I used was Buonanotte Tesoro . Come to find out apparently this was sung by a Italian singer. What I figure out was it was a false claim as there was nothing in the video even remotely like this. But I am trying to clean it up and see if it will post. If it doesn't post this time  I will contest it to see what they say it is.

I don't download copyrighted music. I don't even do the itunes. I get my music two ways, from records and CDs that I buy. So I will post again. So I figured whatever the issue is either the recording on the sony sent a false flag or something we said popped up a false flag.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top