CentruyLink. Again.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CentruyLink. Again.

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:01 pm

CenturyLink customer service has to be the most incompetent in the history of mankind. We cancelled our CenturyLink service entirely in October. We get a bill in the mail for $60 and change for a billing error. They did not charge us enough for our final bill...their error. The frau told them to stick it. We have a receipt saying our service was permanently cancelled and was paid in full. They said no problem. If we did not pay the bill, they would simply send it to collections. They tried to sell us new service for less money. I would not have CenturyLink if it was free. You could not pay me to have CenturyLink. We paid the bill. Not worth ruining our credit over that little money. Not only do they give horrible service, but you can't get rid of these people.

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Re: CentruyLink. Again.

Post by 75X11 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Let'm send it to collections. They aren't going to see jack squint of that money. Only the the collectors. I'd send them $5 per 3 final notices til it is paid off.
75X11

Number of posts : 4900
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:55 pm

We use to use dish TV. We got tired of their games and the fact the cost skyrocketed. So we dropped them and got it from our telephone company. One of the VPs called and even tried to get us to come back to dish after almost 15 years of having it. Anyway we have internet,land line and now TV with them. They gave us a package deal and no games. They even have programing I like better.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 am

It's nice when things work out that way
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:22 am

Our power company has something similar to what Willy has. We will be signing up for that service in the spring. I suppose it could be worse than CenturyLink, but I can't imagine how.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:42 am

Three months into using it, Comcast's service has been working out all right.  And, for work, I tap into the the public server.  The cost is slightly higher than Clear was.
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:17 am

I heard on a local radio show that Cox had lost over a million customers in the last three years locally.  Streaming and "devices", I assume, are taking their customers.  Apparently only "old" people (like me) are using cable TV.  The radio personality seemed to think that cable TV rates would be going down so they would not lose what customers they had left.  I, personally, am quite happy with cable TV.  We enjoy "ON DEMAND".  The frau can watch her ballgames and I can work evenings and we don't miss the shows we enjoy.  There are no DVR's or other devices that we have to learn to operate.  Our HOA restricts satellite dishes and other devices attached to homes.  The dish has to be installed in the back yard, and not able to be seen by anybody else.  If there is a tree or other obstruction, it messes up the satellite dish.  The dish can't be attached to the house, per se. Our next-door neighbor thumbed his nose at the HOA and had DishTV put his dish on his garage soffets. The HOA not only gouged him for that, but he did not have his 11 approved low-water-use plants in his front yard. It cost him $605 to be a hardhead. Then he had to replace the board on his garage that had holes in it from the dish. Then they made him repaint his whole house so it would match the new board!

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:53 pm

WC, that HOA is a lot worse than ours out in CA.  We can put up a dish but not on the roof, which they are responsible to maintain but on the soffet is fine with their approval of location.  Happy with Dish and had them for probably 20 years.  They keep raising prices and we call and threaten to cancel, always get a reduction.  Century Link in AZ we only have a land line and DSL.  Not bad to deal with if you can reach anyone!  They do have the option to cut off the land line when your out of town for extended time.  We are often gone for several months and it does save some bucks.
Best,  Jerry

PS:  With Dish, we have two boxes, one in CA and one in AZ.  The second box is only $5 per month more.  The hitch is that they both need to be connected to the same area.  In order to have one set for CA and one set to AZ you need to pay for a "new" set up.  When we move from one area to the other we just call them and in 10 minutes they have switched us from where we were to where we are.

Last edited by jerryhawthorne on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add a PS)

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Actually, in all fairness, our HOA is really pretty good. It's just that my neighbor, a pretty good guy himself and a swell neighbor, does not like the lady who manages the HOA and goes out of his way to make her life miserable. He typically ends up shooting himself in the foot in the process, just like he did with his Dish. The lady who manages the HOA can make his life miserable, but he seems to be oblivious of the fact until it costs him money. We had pretty good luck with Dish, except when the weather was bad. The problem with Dish as far as we were concerned is that they were bundled with CenturyLink. You are one of the few I have ever heard say something fairly positive about CenturyLink. The repairman are afraid of coming around our place for fear they will get mugged by a mob of pissed-off customers. I will be altogether too eager to have nothing ever again to do with that bunch of carpetbaggers.

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum